Mercer Co. @ Newport Predictions

jrider111

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I think Newport can keep it close and have a shot at the end is because Mercer is a run oriented team from what I hear and saw last year and Newport has been great against the run this year.

If they can get some Offense going and play with the fire they did against NCC then they got a shot. What really ticks me off is that I cant go to the game, this one is always a fun one to go to and I have to work. This sucks.

The only reason I think Newport can keep it close and have a shot at the end is because Mercer is a run oriented team from what I hear and saw last year and Newport has been great against the run this year.

If they can get some Offense going and play with the fire they did against NCC then they got a shot. What really ticks me off is that I cant go to the game, this one is always a fun one to go to and I have to work. This sucks.

Man, I hate it for ya not being able to make this one. I'm looking forward to this road trip. I'm also looking forward to this field I've been hearing about. I hope we have some good weather.

True Redhound-I believe the record is something like 881 by Highlands in 1998 but keep in mind that they set that record with only keeping there starters in literally half a game. If Mercer has that kind of firepower, i don't think anyone, including Newport or any other team in the state can stop them this year. What will Mercer be class wise next season?

True Redhound-I believe the record is something like 881 by Highlands in 1998 but keep in mind that they set that record with only keeping there starters in literally half a game. If Mercer has that kind of firepower, i don't think anyone, including Newport or any other team in the state can stop them this year. What will Mercer be class wise next season?

It was 801 in 15 games 1998.

Mercer Co. would have to Average 55 points for the next ten games...Highlands record looks safe I think.;)

How many bleachers does Newport have on the visitors side? Do us Titan fans need to bring our lawn chairs? We have been averaging about 3,000 fans per game (give or take a little).

Then you will be bringing about 2500 more then Newport. You will have plenty of room at your end of the stadium.

Unless Mercer County is as superior as every one makes them seem... This should be a defensive battle ... Hopefully with the Wildcats coming out on top..

They have two running backs that will most likely surpass 1500 yards. They may touch the ball 12 or 13 times a game. Against South Laurel they averaged 20 yards a carry. As a team they are averaging close to 450 yards rushing a game. Newport needs to be ready to face a very fast and athletic defense from top to bottom.