Mercer Co. @ Newport Predictions

jrider111

Could not of agreed more. A touchdown called back which was a bad call and a interception caught by Mercer's secondary that they called a dead ball was the difference in that game

Mercer has no one to blame last years loss on but themselves. That didnt cost them the game, it was the 3 straight fumbles on three straight possessions late in the second half that did you guys in. You can do that with the offense Newport had last year.

Mercer should expect to see a completely opposite Newport team than they saw last year. The high powered offense is gone but so is that weak defense. Now the O struggles to put up points but their defense is stingy and is really tough against the run, which from what i gather is what Mercer does best. Should be a great game.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no dog in this fight. But in reading the thread, why should Newport even show up?

Mercer's faster, stronger and more battle tested:rolleyes:

Newport is slow, weak and can only beat their own freshmen team:D Sorry, couldn't resist.

I have to chuckle when I see things like "team speed is awesome", "going to be in their secondary all night long" and my favorite for last years game "luck beat Mercer last year"(not Newport, but Luck). Didn't know Luck had a team.

Since I have nothing to do this Friday, I think I'll come sit on the steps and watch this one.

I have no dog in this fight. But in reading the thread, why should Newport even show up?

Mercer's faster, stronger and more battle tested:rolleyes:

Newport is slow, weak and can only beat their own freshmen team:D Sorry, couldn't resist.

I have to chuckle when I see things like "team speed is awesome", "going to be in their secondary all night long" and my favorite for last years game "luck beat Mercer last year"(not Newport, but Luck). Didn't know Luck had a team.

Since I have nothing to do this Friday, I think I'll come sit on the steps and watch this one.

Chuckle all you want. There team speed is awesome. Once they are in the seconday is when you are in trouble. If they get a step on you it's too late.

Not everone thinks it will be a blow out!!!!!

It may very well be a tight game. Who knows? The teams will decide that. The predictions are just for fun anyways. The real season begins this week. That's where you start sorting out the pretenders and contenders. Will Newport have a good crowd for this one?

:thumb:

Just think some people should show a little respect to the team they are playing and haven't beat in the last 4 contests.

I'm not disrespecting. Newport has to tackle well. So does Mercer. It will be won up front no matter what. It was a great game last year. Keep your eyes on #2 for Mercer and you will see that speed I mentioned. If he is able to break one that is.

It may very well be a tight game. Who knows? The teams will decide that. The predictions are just for fun anyways. The real season begins this week. That's where you start sorting out the pretenders and contenders. Will Newport have a good crowd for this one?

I will be there its a long drive .... i havent been there for 4 or 5 years hope i still remember how to get there !

It is a tough place to get to, you can see it from I-471. Parking is around the road and walk down the hill. I hope they have some better lighting with remodel of field. It always seems to be raining when we go to NKY, to play Lloyd or Newport.

Lighting should be good they put brand new ones in this year.

As for Directions its easy to find. On I-471 take the Newport/Bellevue Memorial parkway exit and take a left at the light at the end of the exit. Get in the right hand lane after you turn and follow that til you get to the very first street you can turn right on its called Monroe Street. After you turn onto Monroe go to the first stop sign and take a right on to 9th street. Then just follow that on down and after you go down the hill the field is on your left you cant miss it. Come on up, have some fun and enjoy some football.

Lighting should be good they put brand new ones in this year.

As for Directions its easy to find. On I-471 take the Newport/Bellevue Memorial parkway exit and take a left at the light at the end of the exit. Get in the right hand lane after you turn and follow that til you get to the very first street you can turn right on its called Monroe Street. After you turn onto Monroe go to the first stop sign and take a right on to 9th street. Then just follow that on down and after you go down the hill the field is on your left you cant miss it. Come on up, have some fun and enjoy some football.

Thanks for the directions and the hospitality. Count me in.