Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2017-18 Kentucky Roster

Featured Replies

Decent spot up shooter, but I doubt he hits over 35% next year. Much more of an athletic slasher with a solid mid range game. Calling him a very good shooter is a huge reach...

 

Does he compare favorably to Derek Anderson and Ron Mercer or were they both better shooters?

  • Replies 203
  • Views 28.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does he compare favorably to Derek Anderson and Ron Mercer or were they both better shooters?

 

Look up their numbers. Did they shoot 35% from 3? If so, yes. If not, no... :lol2:

If Briscoe returns I see him playing the 3 spot like he did majority of the season. I'd like for him to be Cal's first four year All American ...

 

All American? Do you mean high school All-American that stayed four years?

 

I can't imagine Briscoe is on any college All-American list so I assume you are referring to high school All-American.

 

What about Alex Poythress? He was a high school All-American and played four years at UK.

All American? Do you mean high school All-American that stayed four years?

 

I can't imagine Briscoe is on any college All-American list so I assume you are referring to high school All-American.

 

What about Alex Poythress? He was a high school All-American and played four years at UK.

 

AP was really 3 and a third seasons

All American? Do you mean high school All-American that stayed four years?

 

I can't imagine Briscoe is on any college All-American list so I assume you are referring to high school All-American.

 

What about Alex Poythress? He was a high school All-American and played four years at UK.

 

Yes, I was referring to McDonald's All American. Alex Poythress stayed all four years because of injuries, had it not been for injuries I believe he'd be on an NBA roster.

Decent spot up shooter, but I doubt he hits over 35% next year. Much more of an athletic slasher with a solid mid range game. Calling him a very good shooter is a huge reach...

Have you watched him play in person? I've only seen highlight films.

Frank Mason III was one of the best shooters in the country. Also pretty darn athletic. Briscoe will never be another Mason III. Briscoe is a very solid player, and can definitely improve, but you guys are WAY overselling his ceiling.

He's a better shooter than Briscoe, but it took him 3 years to develop into the player he was this past year. Briscoes ceiling may not be that high because Mason may still win player of the year so it's hard for anyone's to be that high. But I think Briscoe could easily be an 19/7/6 type of guy if he stays. But overall I think it's a good comparison because they are both developmental type players who need 4 years in college to be able to make that next step.

He's a better shooter than Briscoe, but it took him 3 years to develop into the player he was this past year. Briscoes ceiling may not be that high because Mason may still win player of the year so it's hard for anyone's to be that high. But I think Briscoe could easily be an 19/7/6 type of guy if he stays. But overall I think it's a good comparison because they are both developmental type players who need 4 years in college to be able to make that next step.

 

No chance. Briscoe isn't going to be a 19 ppg guy because he has zero offensive game. You have to have the skill set to develop it and he doesn't have it.

So the 2 guards being mentioned within the past couple days are Mark Smith and Jemarl Baker. Baker is from LA, and UCLA is losing 3 senior guards and Ball. Any chance he just sticks close to home and goes to UCLA?

 

Looks like UCLA only has 2 guards signed currently for next season.

No chance. Briscoe isn't going to be a 19 ppg guy because he has zero offensive game. You have to have the skill set to develop it and he doesn't have it.

I think he has the skill set. He averaged 12 this year I don't think in 2 years it's out of the realm of possibility that he averages 19. Especially since he just now learned how to shoot outside of 5 feet. If he could shoot ~70% from the FT line I think he could average 19 a game. He has shown the ability to get to the basket already and that's with guys backing off of him. I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm just saying that I think he has the potential to if he stays.

Diallo is a very good shooter. He's not quite as good of a shooter as Monk, but he's bigger than Monk and equally as athletic.

 

Decent spot up shooter, but I doubt he hits over 35% next year. Much more of an athletic slasher with a solid mid range game. Calling him a very good shooter is a huge reach...

 

Going back to the talent evaluation argument.....

 

Never heard the words, Hami Diallo and "very good shooter" in the same sentence.

 

 

 

I have read that he has been working diligently on his shot since getting on campus, but he will never be a knock down kind of guy. He will make his living off his athleticism and getting to the bucket, if he can keep people honest with his shot then that will be a plus.

Going back to the talent evaluation argument.....

 

Never heard the words, Hami Diallo and "very good shooter" in the same sentence.

 

 

 

I have read that he has been working diligently on his shot since getting on campus, but he will never be a knock down kind of guy. He will make his living off his athleticism and getting to the bucket, if he can keep people honest with his shot then that will be a plus.

I shouldn't have included the word very in front of good. He's a good shooter. Have you watched Diallo play in person?

As some have mentioned, I don't see Briscoe coming back next season. I doubt he lands with an NBA team and will likely be in the D-League at this point next season. Should he come back? That certainly seems like a fair choice, however, he was dying to leave last year so I doubt we will see three years out of Zae.

 

As some have also mentioned I think it is possible we see a transfer from one of the bigs, especially if Bamba comes in.

 

I think best case scenario next years squad could look like...

 

1.) Green

2.) Diallo

3.) Knox/Vanderbilt/Gabriel

4.) Bamba/Gabriel/Washington

5.) Richards/Bamba/Humphries

 

Worst case scenario..

 

1.) Green

2.) Diallo

3.) Vanderbilt/Gabriel

4.) Bamba/Washington

5.) Richards/Bamba/Humphries

 

which is still pretty good. I think Bamba is going to commit thanks in large part to his relationship with Hami and Green, as well as coach Cal and the staff. Knox is a bit of a long shot but still a possibility. Either way, with the expanded game Vanderbilt has shown this week in Chicago, I think Kentucky will be a very versatile and athletic team for next season.

I shouldn't have included the word very in front of good. He's a good shooter. Have you watched Diallo play in person?

 

No, but that's always been the biggest knock on his game. I think he shot around 20% in the EYBL last summer. Like I said though, he has been putting in the work on this aspect of his game.

I really hope SKJ returns. I really like his potential from what little bit I saw of him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.