2017-18 Kentucky Roster

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knox should seal the ranking of UK as having the #1 class.

Side comment on others of interest on this board: Alabama is ranked #4; UL is around #7; Xavier is around #8; W. Ky. is at #10 and #12.

RE: Diallo ... I could see him staying in the draft and starting a new trend among the top recruits. If a player like Diallo wants to get drafted by a quality team versus a lottery pick team, he could stay in the draft and hope he goes late first round. That gets him a guaranteed contract from a playoff quality team. That gets him to contract 2 one year faster. The money he makes this year plus the big money in the first year of contract 2 might be equal or better to being a lottery pick next year over the next three years. I haven't crunched the numbers, but if those numbers are close or better, why not stay in the draft?

Edited by Voice of Reason

Assuming that Bamba comes.... This will be Coach Cal's most talented and biggest class ever. INSANE, I put on here a couple weeks ago that ESPN gave UK a 10% chance of landing Knox. Shows what they know.

I reserve judgement on most talented class. Biggest class yes, most talented we shall see.

• 2 weeks later...

Diallo decision still dragging out. He's shut down workouts and interviews with teams and last visited a team Friday I think. So far he has only worked out for four teams, Bucks, Bulls, Celtics, and Nets, with Bucks and Nets being the big players. Nets have the 22nd and 27th pick and could promise Hami a lead role for a hometown team (albeit an atrocious team).

Has to be a decent sign he is at least considering a return to UK if he has already shut down workouts. Unless he received a first round guarantee I'm not sure why he wouldn't at least workout over the weekend and up until tomorrow. Sounds like this is going to be a true 50/50 decision.

Would love to see him come back and form a backcourt with Green and Knox.

• 3 weeks later...