Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2017-18 Kentucky Roster

Featured Replies

Kentucky has offered 6'8" SG Cam Johnson. He's a graduate transfer from Pittsburgh. He will have 2 years of immediate eligibility wherever he winds up.

 

Averaged 11.9 ppg last season for the Panthers and is a 42% shooter from deep.

 

They also reportedly offered Mark Smith (Illinois Mr. Basketball) last night. He's a 4 Star shooting guard.

 

 

Calipari Offers Illinois Shooting Guard Mark Smith | Kentucky Sports Radio

  • Replies 203
  • Views 28.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They also reportedly offered Mark Smith (Illinois Mr. Basketball) last night. He's a 4 Star shooting guard.

 

Yep.

 

Johnson would be ideal, but it sounds like they're shooting for 2 of the 4 from the group of Johnson, Smith, Baker, and Allen.

Yep.

 

Johnson would be ideal, but it sounds like they're shooting for 2 of the 4 from the group of Johnson, Smith, Baker, and Allen.

 

I love the thought of having an experienced 6'8 shooting guard on the roster.

I love the thought of having an experienced 6'8 shooting guard on the roster.

 

Same here....And I'm not sure it plays a role or not, but Johnson is from Moon Township, PA....Know of anyone else from there? :D;)

UK Roster Prediction:

 

Gone:

De'AaronFox (draft)

Malik Monk (draft)

Isaiah Briscoe (draft)

Bam Adebayo (draft)

Derek Willis (graduate)

Dominique Hawkins (graduate)

Mychal Mulder (graduate)

Others to leave:

Isaac Humphries (Probably goes pro in Australia)

 

Returners:

Hamidou Diallo

Wenyen Gabriel

Sacha Killeya-Jones

Tai Wynyard

Brad Calipari

Jonny David

Dillon Pulliam

 

Signed Recuiuts:

Nick Richards

PJ Washington

Quade Green

Jarred Vanderbilt

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

 

Uncommitted at this time but ends up at Kentucky:

Mark Smith

Jemarl Baker

Mohammed Bamba

^My bet is Johnson is one of the three additions still to come. Sub him in, in place of Baker and I think you're on to something.

^My bet is Johnson is one of the three additions still to come. Sub him in, in place of Baker and I think you're on to something.

 

How confident are you that Smith ends up in Lexington? I haven't heard much on where he is leaning.

How confident are you that Smith ends up in Lexington? I haven't heard much on where he is leaning.

 

No clue. I'd imagine Cal will get one of him or Baker for the simple fact that it's Cal and it's hard to ever bet against him. No idea which one is more likely though.

Vanderbilt looked pretty good in last nights Nike Hoop Summit. 19 & 10 off the bench with a few assists and steals as well. Showed a little bit of everything, ability to pull it off the glass and go, ability to drive and dish, hit a three, and stayed active the entire game on defense.

 

I think this will be a versatile squad next year, lot of interchanging parts and "positionless" players.

KSR just mentioned that Bam has dropped out of the first at Draft Express.

 

Also Humphries wasn't at the 30 for 30 showing last night.

 

The first is more noteworthy than the second.

KSR just mentioned that Bam has dropped out of the first at Draft Express.

 

Also Humphries wasn't at the 30 for 30 showing last night.

 

The first is more noteworthy than the second.

 

I really believe if Bam is back the Cats are much more likely to lose out on Bamba. I would love to see both together because I think the interior defense would be pretty good to watch. I think Bamba is the rim protector the Cats NEED. But he appears more to me like an offensive liability right now like Nerlens Noel was.

 

Experience to me is important next year. That's why the Johnson kid from Pitt is a high priority to me because he has 2 years under his belt and if Bam came back that would be another 1 year veteran to add to the mix.

Jamarl Baker has committed to the Kentucky Wildcats.

 

I am pleased by this. Cats needed a shooter.

UK commit Quade Green is rooming with none other than Bamba at the Jordan Brand Classic....That certainly doesn't hurt UK's chances...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.