Theoretical Prediction: If Pitino stayed at Kentucky how many titles do they have?

GrantNKY

How many titles for Pitino at UK?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many titles for Pitino at UK?

No it's not. Are you saying if he had been at UK he wouldn't have done the things he did at UL? If he wouldn't have, you are right, BUT, he is what he is and I don't think where he was would have changed his actions, therefore it's relevant.

That's one of the most garbage statements I've ever seen on here.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People hold Pitino out as this great in-game wizard. Let's not forget how terrible he was in the 1995 Elite 8. If your team is shooting about 10% from 3, evolve. Try to get to the post or something. His press was all or nothing, Arkansas routinely crushed that thing going over the top. He didn't adapt quickly enough, for my liking. Calipari is an average in game coach with superior talent. Pitino was, in many ways, the exact same in his heyday at Big Blue.
I still want to puke thinking about that game.

Pitino would have had one more title if he would have put someone on the ball and fronted laetner with two of his 7 footers he had sitting on the bench ... still feel like that team was destined to win a championship if they beat duke in that game ... I think pitino has become a better coach at Louisville than he was at U.K. ... seemed like if you could survive being blowed out early against pitino teams , if you could hang around till late in the game , I felt like he got out coached sometimes late in games ...seems like with less talented teams at Louisville he has become a better coach ... in my opinion of course

People hold Pitino out as this great in-game wizard. Let's not forget how terrible he was in the 1995 Elite 8. If your team is shooting about 10% from 3, evolve. Try to get to the post or something. His press was all or nothing, Arkansas routinely crushed that thing going over the top. He didn't adapt quickly enough, for my liking. Calipari is an average in game coach with superior talent. Pitino was, in many ways, the exact same in his heyday at Big Blue.

I think he tried to rein in the three point shooters in 1995 but they weren't listening.

Pitino would have had one more title if he would have put someone on the ball and fronted laetner with two of his 7 footers he had sitting on the bench ... still feel like that team was destined to win a championship if they beat duke in that game ... I think pitino has become a better coach at Louisville than he was at U.K. ... seemed like if you could survive being blowed out early against pitino teams , if you could hang around till late in the game , I felt like he got out coached sometimes late in games ...seems like with less talented teams at Louisville he has become a better coach ... in my opinion of course

Never felt that '92 team could win it for certain, even if they defeated Duke.

He had no seven footers on the bench. Riddick and Timberlake were 6' 9". Just an inch taller than Grant Hill.

Why? He is what he is. I'm not spreading gossip, just stating facts. No reflection on his coaching ability, just his actions. If you think he didn't know about what was going in the players dorm you are really nieve.
Do you think he planned the whole thing though? He is guilty because he let it happen, not because he was the reason it happened. It's like the Penn State football scandal on a much smaller scale. Joe Paterno wasn't the one guilty of the horrific acts he was guilty because he didn't tell anyone. Same thing with Pitino. There is no way you could say the scandal would have happened at Kentucky. That's why it's a garbage statement.

Do you think he planned the whole thing though? He is guilty because he let it happen, not because he was the reason it happened. It's like the Penn State football scandal on a much smaller scale. Joe Paterno wasn't the one guilty of the horrific acts he was guilty because he didn't tell anyone. Same thing with Pitino. There is no way you could say the scandal would have happened at Kentucky. That's why it's a garbage statement.

I suppose he didn't plan his affair at the restaurant, either. He is the boss, he should know if something this big is going on. Period

I suppose he didn't plan his affair at the restaurant, either. He is the boss, he should know if something this big is going on. Period

Come on man you're arguing from a fallacy. Just because something happens at one place doesnt mean it also would have happened at another place. Obviously Pitino knew what was going on, doesn't mean he planned it.