Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Rooting for the Norse to Upset the Cats???

Featured Replies

I absolutely, 100% do not want NKU to win, and I am a graduate of NKU. I have always been a UK fan, and while I am thrilled with the growth of the NKU program, it would be devastating to me for them to see them beat UK.

 

Go Big Blue!!!!

#BBN

 

I'm stuck somewhere between this and @MJAlltheWay24.

 

Anything can happen in a one game scenario. I want NKU to play well. I just don't know how they have any hope of containing BAM. I would be happy with an NKU win but it would ruin the rest of the tournament for me.

  • Replies 112
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be ugly. UK will likely as not hang a hundred on the Norse.

Go Cats! NKU is so far away and located in a area of the state that is so heavily influenced and connected with Ohio that I think of it more as Cincy South than as a part of Kentucky. I suspect many across the far reaches of the state feel the same way and its likely the same up there toward say Murray State. I just don't feel any connection with NKU or NKY for that matter. That might change in the future for me though as we have a kid here that signed a letter to play for the Norse next year and that would give me a tie in.

Fair question MJ; no, not as happy as I would be for John. However, I do have a little schadenfreude when it comes to UK, so I'd be okay with them losing to anyone.

 

I was just curious how much your connection to Coach Brannen played into how thrilled you'd be, especially when I know how much love you have for the Cats lol.

 

If Coach Brannen and the Norse pull off the upset, do we lose him after just two years?

If NKU beats UK, I'll pedal a tricycle naked around Cumberland Lake!

 

Nobody wants to see that! Go CATS!!!

 

BTW Lake Cumberland > Cumberland Lake

BTW Lake Cumberland > Cumberland Lake

 

Yeah, I should know better.

Tough call for a NKU grad that put a kid thru UK.

Never been much of a fan of the Norse. But really like coach Brannen and local boy Drew McDonald. Hope Drew goes off for a ton of points.

I'll Probably wear blue Friday, but would not be too upset with the upset.

Go Cats! NKU is so far away and located in a area of the state that is so heavily influenced and connected with Ohio that I think of it more as Cincy South than as a part of Kentucky. I suspect many across the far reaches of the state feel the same way and its likely the same up there toward say Murray State. I just don't feel any connection with NKU or NKY for that matter. That might change in the future for me though as we have a kid here that signed a letter to play for the Norse next year and that would give me a tie in.

 

As a NKy-an, I DO NOT consider myself "Cincy South". I hate that label.

Not true at ALL. If you are a NKU real fan at this point you don't care about UK. After Friday that all changes.

 

I'm not here to argue the allegiance of NKU fans. I love John Brannen and wish his team the best always, but it sucks that their first game is vs. Kentucky.

Saw something funny on FB yesterday that said, "I bought my NKU sweatshirt because I graduated from NKU. You bought your UK sweatshirt because you went to Walmart." Thought it was pretty funny and with that being said, but don't think it's possible, GO NORSE!!!!

No chance I'm rooting for NKU over UK.

 

I really wanted to pull for NKU in the tournament, which is why I hate the matchup.

 

Took the words right outta my mouth.

I was just curious how much your connection to Coach Brannen played into how thrilled you'd be, especially when I know how much love you have for the Cats lol.

 

If Coach Brannen and the Norse pull off the upset, do we lose him after just two years?

While not to the depth of @Bench's relationship, but I do consider John a friend and love those opportunities we have to bump into each other at different events. 90% of my happiness would be for John personally, 10% of my happiness would be for the "18%" of UK fans that are off the reservation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.