Who's Rooting for the Norse to Upset the Cats???

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw something funny on FB yesterday that said, "I bought my NKU sweatshirt because I graduated from NKU. You bought your UK sweatshirt because you went to Walmart." Thought it was pretty funny and with that being said, but don't think it's possible, GO NORSE!!!!

Who is this imposter?

Go Cats! NKU is so far away and located in a area of the state that is so heavily influenced and connected with Ohio that I think of it more as Cincy South than as a part of Kentucky. I suspect many across the far reaches of the state feel the same way and its likely the same up there toward say Murray State. I just don't feel any connection with NKU or NKY for that matter. That might change in the future for me though as we have a kid here that signed a letter to play for the Norse next year and that would give me a tie in.

So says the guy from Northwest Tennessee, or Eastern Missouri, or Southern Illinois. :D

I hate now that I was in a rush for time and didn't get a chance to go over to the bookstore and get an NKU T-shirt to celebrate the win. That campus is very different from what I remember (but still lots of concrete). I'm pretty sure what's left of my old profs are in a different building now. I do have an old WNKU T-shirt tucked away somewhere that I could fit into now.

I suppose if I had had the time last Wednesday, I would have realized there was an actual welcome reception elsewhere on campus for the team, away from the arena. I didn't even get to go to Skyline, for Chrissakes.

Go Cats! NKU is so far away and located in a area of the state that is so heavily influenced and connected with Ohio that I think of it more as Cincy South than as a part of Kentucky. I suspect many across the far reaches of the state feel the same way and its likely the same up there toward say Murray State. I just don't feel any connection with NKU or NKY for that matter. That might change in the future for me though as we have a kid here that signed a letter to play for the Norse next year and that would give me a tie in.

You will find that the wide majority of the NKy people, at least the one's born and raised in NKy, understand what you are saying but you are so far off base it isn't even funny. Most of us never make a mention of Ohio when asking where we live and we get pretty tired of the Ky jokes from those who live in Ohio. We rarely get news from our paper about what is happening in Ky and the same can be said for the TV stations. It tough being from NKy as many Kentuckians think little of us except for the money we send down to Frankfort year after year with the little return back from Frankfort and Ohio heck that think we are barefoot idiots and I personally try to spend as little of my money in Ohio as I can.

I will be rooting for both teams, NKU to keep it close and UK to win but what I would really like is for UK to give NKU a regular season game in the next two to three years (at Rupp), as NKU athletic Dept, could really use the money.

Probably for sure now all over 15,000 NKU students steak house owner Jeff Ruby tonight announced that if the Norse pulled off the upset he would every undergrad student a free steak dinner at his steak house. The report said the cost would be around 1 million dollars.

Probably for sure now all over 15,000 NKU students steak house owner Jeff Ruby tonight announced that if the Norse pulled off the upset he would every undergrad student a free steak dinner at his steak house. The report said the cost would be around 1 million dollars.
I will one up Jeff Ruby. If NKU wins I will pay for everyone at NKU tuition this year.

Great publicity move.

Saw a former faculty member say that if NKU wins, and Ruby follows through, he'll take his whole family to dinner at Ruby's restaurant . While not nearly the same, I know this guy would never go to dinner at Ruby's.

Well dang. Guess us alumni have to foot our own bill.