Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Rooting for the Norse to Upset the Cats???

Featured Replies

While not to the depth of @Bench's relationship, but I do consider John a friend and love those opportunities we have to bump into each other at different events. 90% of my happiness would be for John personally, 10% of my happiness would be for the "18%" of UK fans that are off the reservation.
I won't pretend to have any insight on whether JB would leave after two years, let's cross that bridge when we get there. I'll just leave you this. He's the lowest paid coach in the conference, by a LOT. Also, he didn't come "home". He came to NKU b/c he thought he could build a championship caliber program here. Where he ultimately dreamed that might take him, I have no idea. But it appears a championship caliber program came much sooner than he or anyone else envisioned. So, at this point, I think anything is possible......
  • Replies 112
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I won't pretend to have any insight on whether JB would leave after two years, let's cross that bridge when we get there. I'll just leave you this. He's the lowest paid coach in the conference, by a LOT. Also, he didn't come "home". He came to NKU b/c he thought he could build a championship caliber program here. Where he ultimately dreamed that might take him, I have no idea. But it appears a championship caliber program came much sooner than he or anyone else envisioned. So, at this point, I think anything is possible......
It was kind of cool, on the floor of Joe Louis Arena having parents of players come up to us and telling us that we have to tell John he can't leave!

 

Parents demanding the coach stays is a change! Haha.

 

Also, he ain't listening to me.

As a NKy-an, I DO NOT consider myself "Cincy South". I hate that label.

 

My wife is from NKY, she took a few summer classes at NKU and get mad at me for referring to NKY that way as well so I will refrain from referring to NKY that way to avoid further offending you but I think most can understand why an outsider would see NKY as different. The urban nature of the area and the cultural differences stand out. So do the last names found up there, settled by pioneers coming from different areas than much of the rest of the state.

As an aside, and because I tease Walt Kelsey about it all of the time, at the beginning of the "Dateline" on Amy Bosley, they show a picture of NKU and refer to it as "...the local community college..." Man...that joint has come a long way in the last few years. :bunny:

I'm from NKY, But I'm die hard UK, I'm happy for the Norse to make the Tourney, But there's no way I could pull for them over my Cats.

This scenario happened to me a few years ago when UK played my alma mater EKU in the NCAA tourney. I wanted UK to win because I knew EKU didn't have a chance to probably win another game and UK did. I wanted the Colonels to play well and keep it close, just not win.

As an aside, and because I tease Walt Kelsey about it all of the time, at the beginning of the "Dateline" on Amy Bosley, they show a picture of NKU and refer to it as "...the local community college..." Man...that joint has come a long way in the last few years. :bunny:

 

It almost creeps me out whenever I eat at the Smoking Pig....always think about the Bosleys. Nice family; well except for Amy, of course. :(

No can do. Go Cats!

Jeff Ruby has promised to buy every current NKU undergrad student a steak dinner if the Norse beat UK.

 

Good at any of his restaurants.

Basically @Wireman has summed up my thoughts exactly on this. It just sucks that NKU has to play UK. I really wanted to be able to cheer them on.

Some fake UK fans up in Cinci-Tucky.

 

Cats by 100!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.