Trump entertaining anti-vaccer's may be my last straw

Lil Sebastian

All of those things can be explained by non vaccine related reasons that I'm happy to share if you're interested, but I'm not going to force it if you're not. That's your doctor's responsibility. I do however have to make this vitally important point. I am all for the preservation of personal liberties. However, when one chooses not to vaccinate they are crossing the line of personal liberty and making a decision that could kill an innocent person who did not make that choice. One person's personal freedom stops where another person's begins.

Unless you're a scientist that's taken part in experiments, your opinion is just that. Just like mine is. And who's freedom are we violating? No ones. If you or your child is vaccinated, then they should be fine, otherwise, what's the point of you vaccinating?:thumb:

For the record, MMR and flu are the only 2 we have not done. If there is an out break that MMR will prevent, we'll reconsider.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See my previous post about friends kids with autism, plus autism rates in Amish who are basically completely unvaccinated, as well as Austism rates in countries without the all inclusive MMR vaccine. It's my choice also.

Is autism worse than spreading horrible diseases? Sounds like eugenics is in order in that case.

Is autism worse than spreading horrible diseases? Sounds like eugenics is in order in that case.

Less than 200 cases of Measles a year in the US.

5k Mumps in the US in 2016

1 in 45 kids are being diagnosed with Autism. Sorry, no one will make me inject my child with something I'm not comfortable with. Like I said before, if you and yours are vaccinated, what do you care what others do?

1 in 45 kids are being diagnosed with Autism. Sorry, no one will make me inject my child with something I'm not comfortable with. Like I said before, if you and yours are vaccinated, what do you care what others do?

There are a number of people who can't receive vaccines for a variety of health reasons. There are also those too young to be vaccinated. And there are also a certain number of people for whom vaccines are ineffective or whose levels have unknowingly diminished beyond the point of being effective. These people should be safe when the herd immunity that we've had for several decades is in tact, but all of these people's lives are put at risk by those willfully choosing not to vaccinate. Also, I reiterate there is zero link between vaccines and autism.

There are a number of people who can't receive vaccines for a variety of health reasons. There are also those too young to be vaccinated. And there are also a certain number of people for whom vaccines are ineffective or whose levels have unknowingly diminished beyond the point of being effective. These people should be safe when the herd immunity that we've had for several decades is in tact, but all of these people's lives are put at risk by those willfully choosing not to vaccinate. Also, I reiterate there is zero link between vaccines and autism.

Agree to disagree.

You are clearly not familiar with herd immunity for those who are unable to be vaccinated.

I guess I'm just uneducated because I don't agree with you right?

While you can lash out at me if you like, I was posing a simple query. Are you familiar with the concept of herd immunity? I am not the first person to bring it up in this thread, I was just curious. Since it goes beyond just "your choice."

As to the uneducated comment, I do not know your education level nor do you know mine. You could be a PhD for all I know or I could be in the medical field for all you know. Or maybe I'm a humble janitor at a local office building. Our education levels are irrelevant to this discussion.

While you can lash out at me if you like, I was posing a simple query. Are you familiar with the concept of herd immunity? I am not the first person to bring it up in this thread, I was just curious. Since it goes beyond just "your choice."

As to the uneducated comment, I do not know your education level nor do you know mine. You could be a PhD for all I know or I could be in the medical field for all you know. Or maybe I'm a humble janitor at a local office building. Our education levels are irrelevant to this discussion.

Yes I'm familiar with it. My responsibility is my child. I do not trust the CDC and the MMR. He's had the rest, but we are choosing not to do the MMR. I do not see why the CDC refuses to allow the MMR to be broken up over a longer period of time.

We are people, not sheep in a herd. At the end of the day, no one is going to force some cocktail of chemicals into me or my kid.

Yes I'm familiar with it. My responsibility is my child. I do not trust the CDC and the MMR. He's had the rest, but we are choosing not to do the MMR. I do not see why the CDC refuses to allow the MMR to be broken up over a longer period of time.

We are people, not sheep in a herd. At the end of the day, no one is going to force some cocktail of chemicals into me or my kid.

It's not about forcing anyone to do anything. It's about understanding the risk that choosing not to vaccinate poses on all of society, not just the individual making the choice. And it's also about having an understanding of the scientific evidence showing the benefit of vaccination vs the risk. And although there are certain small risks, autism is not one in any way shape or form.

It's not about forcing anyone to do anything. It's about understanding the risk that choosing not to vaccinate poses on all of society, not just the individual making the choice. And it's also about having an understanding of the scientific evidence showing the benefit of vaccination vs the risk. And although there are certain small risks, autism is not one in any way shape or form.

Once again. Those are your opinions, but thanks for sharing them.

If it were something that there was an ample amount of scientific data and studies that supported both sides, I could maybe take it seriously. There's just not though. The data supporting the vaccines is so incredibly overwhelming and has zero evidence that there is a link between MMR and autism. The data just isn't there.

If it were something that there was an ample amount of scientific data and studies that supported both sides, I could maybe take it seriously. There's just not though. The data supporting the vaccines is so incredibly overwhelming and has zero evidence that there is a link between MMR and autism. The data just isn't there.

Actually the CDC is the one providing that data and they are overwhelmingly biased. There's been no independent study and they've tried to hush a whistle blower and discredit him.

What it all boils down to is money. The whistleblower exposed this. If an actual correlation was shown, can you imagine the financial ramifications for the pharmaceutical funded CDC? Sorry but I'm just not gonna take them at their word when they stand to lose billions.

You all free to inject your kids with it. I choose not to and I don't care if it hairlips the Pope. 1 in 45 kids are autistic. Something's causing it. Amish have virtually no cases of autism, and they get zero vaccines. I firmly believe that where there is smoke, there's fire with Dr. William Thompson's whistle blowing on research fraud in the CDC. What did he stand to gain by making it up?

Like I've said, do what you want with your kids and don't worry about what we choose for ours and other anti-vaccine supporters cause it's not of your concern.

Some folks are so convinced that the government is out to destroy them that they will fall for most anything, even when there is not a shred of science to support their paranoia and conspiracy theories.

And some people concerned about "the herd", are sheep in a herd, headed to slaughter. Do you even have kids? If it was Hillary leading this, you'd be the first one in line suckling at the teet. And I've been for the CDC being more transparent for years. And I'd be more open to the MMR if it was broken up and well past 2 years old. Watch the movie Vaxxed and least be open minded to the possibility the CDC knows they are shady.