Trump entertaining anti-vaccer's may be my last straw

Lil Sebastian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Antivaxxer And Robert De Niro Just Announced A $1, “Challenge” Over Vaccine Safety - BuzzFeed News

I've never been a huge Trump supporter. I viewed him as the lesser of two evils in our recent election, but I've been willing to give him a fair shot. However, if he gives any credence to these two lunatics in potential policy decisions regarding vaccines he's going to lose me and I'm willing to bet many, many more in the healthcare and science fields.

And regardless of any political implications, when big name celebrities like Robert De Niro start spewing this stuff it is very dangerous. For some reason people listen to celebrities, and there's a very real possibility that could cost lives.

Makes one wonder whether or not Pres. Trump is a Secret Scientologist.

An Antivaxxer And Robert De Niro Just Announced A $1, “Challenge” Over Vaccine Safety - BuzzFeed News

I've never been a huge Trump supporter. I viewed him as the lesser of two evils in our recent election, but I've been willing to give him a fair shot. However, if he gives any credence to these two lunatics in potential policy decisions regarding vaccines he's going to lose me and I'm willing to bet many, many more in the healthcare and science fields.

And regardless of any political implications, when big name celebrities like Robert De Niro start spewing this stuff it is very dangerous. For some reason people listen to celebrities, and there's a very real possibility that could cost lives.

Did you or anyone else posting even read the article before you commented? I suggest you do, and I leave it at that. I want to cuss right now.

I don't think this commission is going to happen. Like the rumored anti-LGBT order, or this new one about national guard units being called up to round up illegal immigrants or a number of other things, I think this administration likes to float rumors when they can to either get a measure of things or distract from other news.

This commission is going nowhere, in my opinion.

I don't think this commission is going to happen. Like the rumored anti-LGBT order, or this new one about national guard units being called up to round up illegal immigrants or a number of other things, I think this administration likes to float rumors when they can to either get a measure of things or distract from other news.

This commission is going nowhere, in my opinion.

I hope that it won't go anywhere. That is Trump's MO to overwhelm and distract the media and I'm hopeful that that is the case here as well. But still Trump making even passing comments giving any legitimacy this anti-vaccer movement combined with another big name celebrity coming out in support in such a big way could help to create a disastrous outcome.

I did read it. I also read about it from several other sources. I tried to pick the most neutral. Why do you ask?

I don't draw the conclusion from the article that Trump is having a commission to study vaccines but rather to study autism. I don't draw the conclusion from the article that he is "entertaining" Robert. F. Kennedy Jr. "the anti-vaccer" just on the word of RJK. Nor does it appear from the article that Trump has anything to do with what DeNiro is doing in DC. But, from you post, I would have immediately drawn the conclusion that Trump is in meetings with the above-mentioned to eliminate vaccines. Otherwise, and you do put in an if, I am in agreement with you, and I would feel the same way.

I'll tell ya, I think more research needs to be done on vaccines. Gotta be a better way than injecting babies with mercury. As someone who has more than one friend with a child with autism, that they swear the child changed very closely after the MMR, I'm very skeptical of the vaccines. I just want to see more transparency with the CDC in regards to the MMR.

I'll tell ya, I think more research needs to be done on vaccines. Gotta be a better way than injecting babies with mercury. As someone who has more than one friend with a child with autism, that they swear the child changed very closely after the MMR, I'm very skeptical of the vaccines. I just want to see more transparency with the CDC in regards to the MMR.

A few points in response to this. 1. The mercury levels in thimerosal (the preservative formerly in some vaccines) were so low there was no chance for any mercury related harm. 2. Out of an over abundance of caution thimerosal has not been used in vaccines since 2001. 3. MMR was not one of the vaccines that ever contained thimerosal or any other mercury containing preservative to begin with.

A few points in response to this. 1. The mercury levels in thimerosal (the preservative formerly in some vaccines) were so low there was no chance for any mercury related harm. 2. Out of an over abundance of caution thimerosal has not been used in vaccines since 2001. 3. MMR was not one of the vaccines that ever contained thimerosal or any other mercury containing preservative to begin with.

Per the FDA..

At present, all routinely recommended vaccines for U.S. infants are available only as thimerosal-free formulations or contain only trace amounts of thimerosal (≤1 than micrograms mercury per dose), with the exception of inactivated influenza vaccine.

So it's staying that some is possible. Sorry, I'm still not trusting all these vaccines yet.

Per the FDA..

At present, all routinely recommended vaccines for U.S. infants are available only as thimerosal-free formulations or contain only trace amounts of thimerosal (≤1 than micrograms mercury per dose), with the exception of inactivated influenza vaccine.

So it's staying that some is possible. Sorry, I'm still not trusting all these vaccines yet.

Let me ask you this, what makes you not trusting?

Let me ask you this, what makes you not trusting?

See my previous post about friends kids with autism, plus autism rates in Amish who are basically completely unvaccinated, as well as Austism rates in countries without the all inclusive MMR vaccine. It's my choice also.

See my previous post about friends kids with autism, plus autism rates in Amish who are basically completely unvaccinated, as well as Austism rates in countries without the all inclusive MMR vaccine. It's my choice also.

All of those things can be explained by non vaccine related reasons that I'm happy to share if you're interested, but I'm not going to force it if you're not. That's your doctor's responsibility. I do however have to make this vitally important point. I am all for the preservation of personal liberties. However, when one chooses not to vaccinate they are crossing the line of personal liberty and making a decision that could kill an innocent person who did not make that choice. One person's personal freedom stops where another person's begins.