Who Were Your Favorite "Old School" Wrestlers ?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute truth --- My great-grandfather died believing wrestling was 100% real but believed the moon landing was 100% fake.

Well, I knew the moon landing was real but to learn pro wrestling is fake....it's like learning the Easter Bunny really didn't hide my Easter basket!

Well, I knew the moon landing was real but to learn pro wrestling is fake....it's like learning the Easter Bunny really didn't hide my Easter basket!

Joking of course. Now if I hear Santa and the Tooth Fairy aren't real, I'm really going to lose it!

What about tennis... real or fake??? My favorite score in tennis: Love-Love !!!! :watching:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60263[/ATTACH]

I'm reminded of a Tonight Show years ago when Dolly Partin was a guest. I remember something was said by Dolly and Johnny came back with, "I'd give a month's salary to find out!".

I'm reminded of a Tonight Show years ago when Dolly Partin was a guest. I remember something was said by Dolly and Johnny came back with, "I'd give a month's salary to find out!".

I remember watching that episode in real time. Johnny could be a little devilish at times(not unlike you and I). Dolly wasn't offended at all. She is such a hoot.

I like to watch the matches between Tommy Wildfire Rich and Buzz Sawyer saw them once in Huntington and they went out into the street fighting it was great. I also loved the following during interviews: Dusty, Ric, Michael P.S. Hayes, Jimmy Garvin and the Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant.

This guy("The Mongolian Stomper") was a physical specimen. Apparently he rode his bike almost everywhere he went, sometimes as far as 60 miles a day. No wonder his legs were like tree trunks. I saw him wrestle live when he made his way around SE KY in the seventies. BTW, after his wrestling career was over he worked as a deputy sheriff around Knoxville for several years.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60224[/ATTACH]

Can you image being pulled over by the Stomper? I don't know about you, but I'm complying.

I dont go back that far, but a few of my favorites...

Michael PS Hayes (Fabulous Freebirds)

Beautiful Bobby Eaton

Ric Flair

Junkyard Dog

I saw the Junkyard Dog at a Las Vegas Walmart selling autographs for $5 when I was in college. The weird thing is that he wasn't seated at the entrance of the store. Their was no advertisements that he was even there. He was just sitting a card table on a random aisle. I remember feeling sad for the guy.