Question For Pro-Choice People

BFritz

You're pro-choice, so you believe in legalized suicide and you think self-harm is ok because the people are choosing to do it to themselves?

If your husband, wife, child, relative, etc., said "I've thought about it, I looked into everything, and I don't feel like life is worth living anymore," you'd say "ok, I support your decision to kill yourself"?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would not choose abortion or suicide in the case you describe for myself. Now if someone in my family is an adult and is fatally ill and chooses to pull the plug, trigger, get injected, whatever I would more than likely support it. Also if a family member was raped and impregnated, I would support the abortion.

It is not place to make choices or judge others. Let them make their choice and if there are afterlife consequences, they deal with the results.

Being okay with it has nothing to do with it.

It simply means you believe they have the individual right to make that decision (whether it be life or death) for themselves.

So you'd say "ok, it's your choice, I will not object"?

Exactly. The OP is ridiculous.

False.

The only thing the other two did is dance around the question.

You think a person should be able to sit around and self-harm themself or commit suicide because it is a personal choice?

False.

You think a person should be able to sit around and self-harm themself or commit suicide because it is a personal choice?

Well, it completely depends on the situation what my personal feelings would be.

But, generally speaking, I'd probably try to make them realize all the reasons to not choose to end it. With that being said, I respect and understand the fact that it's ultimately their choice, and whether I like the decision they come to or not, I support their right to make it.

I liken it to this: I do not support smoking. I think it's horrible, and I would always try to get family and friends to quit. However, I DO support their right to make the decision to smoke or not. It's their choice, not mine. We as a society need to stop thinking we know what's best for other people. We all have free will, and should be able to exercise it.

We didn't dance around the question. We gave you an honest answer. Just because you don't want to hear it, doesn't mean we didn't answer the question.

And yes, if a person is an adult, they should be allowed to do whatever they want to their own body.

I would not choose abortion or suicide in the case you describe for myself. Now if someone in my family is an adult and is fatally ill and chooses to pull the plug, trigger, get injected, whatever I would more than likely support it. Also if a family member was raped and impregnated, I would support the abortion.

It is not place to make choices or judge others. Let them make their choice and if there are afterlife consequences, they deal with the results.

Agreed.

False.

Nobody danced around the question. This is not black and white to many. Answers have been given, evidently you disagree,. That's ok you do yours everyone else will do theirs.

I'm an anti abortion guy. Choice is made prior to conception. I'll give you the rape situation since that was not their choice.

As for planned suicide, I am totally OK with that. I've seen too many folks suffer.

Self harm seems to be a mental issue and should be treated.

Well, it completely depends on the situation what my personal feelings would be.

But, generally speaking, I'd probably try to make them realize all the reasons to not choose to end it. With that being said, I respect and understand the fact that it's ultimately their choice, and whether I like the decision they come to or not, I support their right to make it.

I liken it to this: I do not support smoking. I think it's horrible, and I would always try to get family and friends to quit. However, I DO support their right to make the decision to smoke or not. It's their choice, not mine. We as a society need to stop thinking we know what's best for other people. We all have free will, and should be able to exercise it.

We didn't dance around the question. We gave you an honest answer. Just because you don't want to hear it, doesn't mean we didn't answer the question.

So you'd be ok with suicide clinics being opened where people can go and have someone give them tools or put them in a situation that's certain to end their life?

You believe that suicide should be a more accepted norm?

And yes, if a person is an adult, they should be allowed to do whatever they want to their own body.

This is beside the point, but:

1392603153563.jpg

Nobody danced around the question. This is not black and white to many. Answers have been given, evidently you disagree,. That's ok you do yours everyone else will do theirs.

But it is a black-and-white answer. You can explain your reasoning, which may not be black-and-white to some, but it's either you agree with it or not.

You can't have it both ways.