Trinity 56 Lafayette 21 - 6A State Championship

theguru

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not worried about poor hold Trinity being left out, they are a private school and should be playing in a private school league. Tennessee has public private split and they have very few privates schools to. And for those who give the Oscar Mayer bologna about 2 of the last 4 Male is a private school anytime you take application to see who you take in your school that is a club A PRIVATE CLUB!!!!! Go look over the last 40 years and see how many public schools have won the big class State title. Male and Manuel are private to.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #8

Here it comes, the regular chorus of butt hurt people anytime Trinity wins. Here's news for you, if Lafayette had and discipline and real coaching they win last night.

I have to agree. Could have won. Early in the game, they had T in tough yardage or even stopped and unsportsmanlike penalties gave T position. That was Lafayette shooting themselves in the foot.

'Endless resources' :lol2:

If only, then we'd have gotten air-conditioning before the turn of the millennium.

Also, I have a hard time believing we've got 22 coaches. That would make the sideline even more crowded than it already is.

Where are you getting 22 from? He was stating that T had a position coach for each position (as in position group) and that no one has to coach both sides of the ball. Someone can tell me how far I'm off but pretty sure they have a position coach at each of the following positions. OL, RB, WR, QB, DL, LB, and DB. I'm going also guess that their freshman team has the same make up and the freshman coaches also work with the varsity staff on Friday nights in some fashion which puts the staff at 14 give or take. They also have a dedicated S&C coach which isn't the case at most schools. As an all boys private school there is no such thing as Title IX which is a factor.

I'm not knocking T and congrats to them on another title. Let's not act like they are the sisters of the poor, that they don't have certain advantages and that their coaching staff is making chicken salad out of chicken crap ever year. They are an extremely well coached and run program.

Just finished watching the replay of this one.

Eric Shaw should be suspended for letting his team get out of control and show such poor sportsmanship

Trinity should be ashamed of themselves for how they acted as well and their student section needs to be reprimanded for their chants. I dont fault Trinity because most of this seems instigated by Lafayette, but act like you been there before.

That's all I have to say on that.

Spencer Blackburn is much better than I gave him credit for and Trinity is the best team in KY. Lafayette didn't impress me.

Where are you getting 22 from? He was stating that T had a position coach for each position (as in position group) and that no one has to coach both sides of the ball. Someone can tell me how far I'm off but pretty sure they have a position coach at each of the following positions. OL, RB, WR, QB, DL, LB, and DB. I'm going also guess that their freshman team has the same make up and the freshman coaches also work with the varsity staff on Friday nights in some fashion which puts the staff at 14 give or take. They also have a dedicated S&C coach which isn't the case at most schools. As an all boys private school there is no such thing as Title IX which is a factor.

I'm not knocking T and congrats to them on another title. Let's not act like they are the sisters of the poor, that they don't have certain advantages and that their coaching staff is making chicken salad out of chicken crap ever year. They are an extremely well coached and run program.

Ah, gotcha. I misinterpreted what he was saying. I'm not saying Trinity is running on a shoestring budget, but the 'endless' resources is just silly. Nobody has that kind of money.

Just finished watching the replay of this one.

Eric Shaw should be suspended for letting his team get out of control and show such poor sportsmanship

Trinity should be ashamed of themselves for how they acted as well and their student section needs to be reprimanded for their chants. I dont fault Trinity because most of this seems instigated by Lafayette, but act like you been there before.

That's all I have to say on that.

Spencer Blackburn is much better than I gave him credit for and Trinity is the best team in KY. Lafayette didn't impress me.

The chants and retaliation penalties are nothing for Trinity to be proud of. They definitely lost their composure here, and I hope Beatty gives them a good dressing-down. Glad that Lafayette isn't on the schedule net year, though. If they played again the bad blood over this game would probably come to a head. Better to let both teams cool off for a couple years.

Congrats Rocks on #24 & the schools 600th win!! Beatty now has won the most state titles of any coach in the history of KY HS football with 12. Pretty amazing when you think he took over at Trinity in 2000.

That is true but situations like this one makes it tough when talking coach talk. Obviously Beatty is a solid coach! Just say'n! It's a program that can get your record up fairly easy with. Just seems more impressive when you realize where like Haywood has been coaching! A Small remote area with much less resources. Im not knocking a BIG school like T. I understand every school has to play the hand your dealt just say'n! Similar with Beechwood! Located where they are is a great luxury just like T and any coach would love to have the benefit of Plenty to choose from! After 3 state titles they should swap HC positions around! You may go from Trinity to Phelps or from Ashland to BG! Lol. THAT would make it a bit more interesting! lol

There is never a lot of point in discussing who started it. I'll just say that I am not happy with the way our kids handled it. With all of the talk of bad actions, let me point out a good one. After the game, Spencer Blackburn went over to speak to Wood. Nice job.

That obviously speaks volumes of that kids character! Great job by BOTH QB's!