Trinity 56 Lafayette 21 - 6A State Championship

theguru

Privileged?? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Everyone I know in every state of this nation who has something to be proud of worked their tails off for it.

Don't give me that privileged crap. Is it a shame that kids are born to parents who refuse to make a better life for themselves? Absolutely! It's almost as bad as those people having the right to breed. But don't give me that "privileged" crap, that's a cop out excuse for not having enough testicular fortitude to act the way a man is supposed to act. That sickens me.

Eh... I think you're reading too much into my comment. I was trying to gently say that many of them don't have some of the opportunities that are readily available to others.

In general, I was trying to shed some light on the demographics of the school district. The school itself is a stone's throw away from Commonwealth and there are some affluent neighborhoods nearby, but the district at large is comprised of some tough neighborhoods. There's a surprising amount of crime in Lexington for a city it's size.

I don't agree with the behavior. I just think it's good to understand some of the details when making assumptions about the effort being put forth by the Lafayette coaching staff.

In an attempt to turn this more towards football: does anyone know how many seniors were on Trinity's team? I know Lafayette had nearly 30, so that team will look quite a bit different next year.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bottom line: 35 point win. just missed a running clock.

Every high school has the opportunity to raise as much money as they want for their athletic teams through booster organizations. If your team or school doesn't care, don't get on here and cry about it. Jefferson County Schools budget is over 1.4 BILLION dollars a year of tax money. Yes BILLION. They get 1.4 Billion dollars and complain about others having too much money.

In an attempt to turn this more towards football: does anyone know how many seniors were on Trinity's team? I know Lafayette had nearly 30, so that team will look quite a bit different next year.

I count 37 SRs on the roster. 22 of saw significant playing time this season. Two of these folks were injured and could not play last night. Nine juniors saw significant action and 7 sophomores made several appearances in 2016.

FYI:

Trinity's administration made an announcement to the entire student body this morning concerning the objectionable chant. In very strong terms it was made clear that the chant was out of bounds and unacceptable. The school will also be sending a letter of apology to Lafayette.

FYI:

Trinity's administration made an announcement to the entire student body this morning concerning the objectionable chant. In very strong terms it was made clear that the chant was out of bounds and unacceptable. The school will also be sending a letter of apology to Lafayette.

Absolutely classless, I tell you.

FYI:

Good, if they could identify the starters of the chant I know they would be dealt with too

Everytime a kid opened their mouth a flag was thrown, never seen so many... really slowed the game down

I honestly had no other pre game expectations with this one. I've experienced a crew with Taylor as head on the field a couple times now and NONE have been a good experience! I know some brag on his officiating but I'm yet to see why? Just going off what I've seen! That's all I can do!

Wasn't at the game. Didn't see it. Waited until this morning to see the stats before commenting.

Can't condone any of Lafayette's actions as described on here. I don't think anyone can.

I can see however where there might be frustration and anger when T goes into the 4th quarter up 21, and adds another 14 with their first team offense still playing. When does it become apparent that you need to call the dogs off?

Wasn't at the game. Didn't see it. Waited until this morning to see the stats before commenting.

Can't condone any of Lafayette's actions as described on here. I don't think anyone can.

I can see however where there might be frustration and anger when T goes into the 4th quarter up 21, and adds another 14 with their first team offense still playing. When does it become apparent that you need to call the dogs off?

In my mind first team always stays in until a running clock is acheived, then sub freely. When a team has big play ability you leave nothing to chance. The game was 27-21 at one point in the second half, you put a buffer in there when you can.

It's not like they called a fake field goal in the end of 4th quarter when the game wasn't in doubt ir anything.