Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 56 Lafayette 21 - 6A State Championship

Featured Replies

Perfect example of no class!

 

Get ready. You can't dodge the Rocks next year.

  • Replies 217
  • Views 47.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which is exactly why I said "Maybe the Trinity kids just got tired of turning the other cheek?"

 

Lafayette has a track record of this kind of nonsense, Trinity doesn't. You push kids so far and eventually they are going to break. Trinity doesn't have this issue with anybody else.

 

It isn't surprising that you would have that impression, given the handful of incidents Lafayette has been involved in over the last two years. But I was there last night and I can tell you, though, that Lafayette didn't just run out onto the field and knock the halos off of the Trinity players heads. The unsportsmanlike and personal fouls piled up against each team all night. Heck, Trinity even had more penalties than Lafayette and a bunch of L's were offsides.

 

Like I said, I was surprised by that because I didn't recall T getting many penalties at all in their last two meetings which, by the way, were incident-free. The injury to Wood at the end just kind of escalated things. I was really sad to see things go down like that because it was really starting to look like a game instead of a steamroll that everyone expected.

 

It bugs me a little bit to see the words "classless" and "undisciplined" thrown around by people that have not been around the program. You don't get to the state championship two years in a row without having some football discipline. There are a few kids on the team that have behavioral issues and that spills over onto the field at times. There's no excuse for that. But if you had a chance to see Shaw, McPeek, and the rest of the coaches up close, the last thing you'd say about them or the way they run their team is that they are classless.

 

For those outside of Lexington, I'll throw one last thing out there: there's no other city in Kentucky, outside of Louisville, that has neighborhoods in its district like Lafayette - look it up. A great number of them don't come from privileged homes. Because of where the school itself is located, you wouldn't think that would be the case. Being a native of Louisville, myself, I wouldn't have known unless it had been pointed out to me. I'm not trying to make excuses for the behavior of some of the kids, I'm just saying that before you throw around disparaging words, try to understand the full situation. What they're trying to do with these boys is admirable. Don't celebrate the behavior, but appreciate the effort.

And not a single coach went running up to the kid to reprimand and get him out of there.

 

That happened right after a kneel-down with seconds left and the coaching staff was busy rounding up players on the sideline. Just prior to the snap, that very same player was fist-bumping some of the T O-line players. After the play, he flipped his hat and then turned and walked to the sideline. Had they seen it and had he remained on the field, you can be sure he would have been met by someone.

 

The incident itself was an embarrassment to himself and to the team, but you can't possibly think that kind of thing would be accepted and ignored.

It isn't surprising that you would have that impression, given the handful of incidents Lafayette has been involved in over the last two years. But I was there last night and I can tell you, though, that Lafayette didn't just run out onto the field and knock the halos off of the Trinity players heads. The unsportsmanlike and personal fouls piled up against each team all night. Heck, Trinity even had more penalties than Lafayette and a bunch of L's were offsides.

 

Like I said, I was surprised by that because I didn't recall T getting many penalties at all in their last two meetings which, by the way, were incident-free. The injury to Wood at the end just kind of escalated things. I was really sad to see things go down like that because it was really starting to look like a game instead of a steamroll that everyone expected.

 

It bugs me a little bit to see the words "classless" and "undisciplined" thrown around by people that have not been around the program. You don't get to the state championship two years in a row without having some football discipline. There are a few kids on the team that have behavioral issues and that spills over onto the field at times. There's no excuse for that. But if you had a chance to see Shaw, McPeek, and the rest of the coaches up close, the last thing you'd say about them or the way they run their team is that they are classless.

 

For those outside of Lexington, I'll throw one last thing out there: there's no other city in Kentucky, outside of Louisville, that has neighborhoods in its district like Lafayette - look it up. A great number of them don't come from privileged homes. Because of where the school itself is located, you wouldn't think that would be the case. Being a native of Louisville, myself, I wouldn't have known unless it had been pointed out to me. I'm not trying to make excuses for the behavior of some of the kids, I'm just saying that before you throw around disparaging words, try to understand the full situation. What they're trying to do with these boys is admirable. Don't celebrate the behavior, but appreciate the effort.

 

I guess you have never been to Covington in NKY.

I guess you have never been to Covington in NKY.

 

Love the Cov

After watching this replay, I noticed that some of the Lafayette players did shake hands with the Trinity players. Some mutual respect shown there, just not the normal line.

That is true but situations like this one makes it tough when talking coach talk. Obviously Beatty is a solid coach! Just say'n! It's a program that can get your record up fairly easy with. Just seems more impressive when you realize where like Haywood has been coaching! A Small remote area with much less resources. Im not knocking a BIG school like T. I understand every school has to play the hand your dealt just say'n! Similar with Beechwood! Located where they are is a great luxury just like T and any coach would love to have the benefit of Plenty to choose from! After 3 state titles they should swap HC positions around! You may go from Trinity to Phelps or from Ashland to BG! Lol. THAT would make it a bit more interesting! lol

 

Understand your point but Beatty has taken the Trinity program to a completely different level, has coached HALF of the schools 24 state championship teams in just 17 years being there, pretty amazing no matter where you are or what team you coach.

Thank you Louisville Trinity for raising the bar for the rest of KY football teams. When this many people are complaining you're doing something right.

 

And yes I know exactly how the Louisville school enrollment is done, and if I lived in Louisville my children would either be there or CAL.

If the player hit the referee, he should be charged. The ref needs to be at the Warren county attorney office Monday at 8am to press criminal assault charges. This will stop this behavior

Thank you Louisville Trinity for raising the bar for the rest of KY football teams. When this many people are complaining you're doing something right.

 

And yes I know exactly how the Louisville school enrollment is done, and if I lived in Louisville my children would either be there or CAL.

Raising the bar by chanting "Where is Walker" after injuring him on a late hit......if that is raising the bar then high school football is going in the wrong direction
Raising the bar by chanting "Where is Walker" after injuring him on a late hit......if that is raising the bar then high school football is going in the wrong direction

 

Over react much? The kids said it, the administration stopped it quickly. How many times has Trinity beaten a team you follow?

The officials in this game were from NEKY and have a hard time controlling a JV game. Not a good crew, worst in that area. No way they could handle a Lafayette game the way they act. Lafayette is an embarrassment to High School Football with the disrespect for opponents, cheap shots, sideline antics, etc.

T and X both have Frosh teams in the 75-100 range for over 25 years or so. We use to play them both twice as freshman. I agree I'm sure they want for nothing. That hasn't always been true. Their weight room back in the 80s and early 90s I'm pretty sure was subpar. At least that is how it was described to me. They are of course less restricted than a majority of schools as far as how they are allowed to spend money.

 

Subpar is being generous. Some machines were darn near dangerous.

For those outside of Lexington, I'll throw one last thing out there: there's no other city in Kentucky, outside of Louisville, that has neighborhoods in its district like Lafayette - look it up. A great number of them don't come from privileged homes. Because of where the school itself is located, you wouldn't think that would be the case. Being a native of Louisville, myself, I wouldn't have known unless it had been pointed out to me. I'm not trying to make excuses for the behavior of some of the kids, I'm just saying that before you throw around disparaging words, try to understand the full situation. What they're trying to do with these boys is admirable. Don't celebrate the behavior, but appreciate the effort.

 

That may be the case, but you don't hear these kinds of stories about Louisville Central, and they fit that bill as much if not more so than Lafayette.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.