Trinity 56 Lafayette 21 - 6A State Championship

theguru

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That can happen in any year where all the traditional middle school kids that want to attend Male are accepted. Any extra spots are assigned randomly by the district. This year, 30 additional spots were opened to students from outside the program. I am only aware of 1 of those 30 that played football. Who are the kids that came from outside the traditional school system that were impact kids at Male?

Congrats to Trinity on another state title and to Lafayette on a great season!

Edited by Terp

Congrats to Trinity on a fantastic season and the state championship! The Shamrocks are a very well coached and disciplined football team. Really enjoyed the technique and execution by the guys in the trenches during the championship.

And now that my youngest is leaving the nest I'll be looking forward to coming to the ville next year for one of these epic battles against Male or St. X! :thumb:

That can happen in any year where all the traditional middle school kids that want to attend Male are accepted. Any extra spots are assigned randomly by the district. This year, 30 additional spots were opened to students from outside the program. I am only aware of 1 of those 30 that played football. Who are the kids that came from outside the traditional school system that were impact kids at Male?

Congrats to Trinity on another state title and to Lafayette on a great season!

You seem to know a thing or two so I'll ask you thus question. If I'm living in the the newburg/buechel area and attend T.J or Newburg or Barrett middle schools what high district is that?

• 7 months later...

From the KHSAA press release, regarding recognitions given to top sports officials throughout the state, issued today from the "Officiate Kentucky Day" in Louisville:

"Brian Taylor was presented an NASO Good Call Award for his role in the 2016 6A football championship game."

Sounds like the KHSAA was very happy with the officiating in this game.

From the KHSAA press release, regarding recognitions given to top sports officials throughout the state, issued today from the "Officiate Kentucky Day" in Louisville:

"Brian Taylor was presented an NASO Good Call Award for his role in the 2016 6A football championship game."

Sounds like the KHSAA was very happy with the officiating in this game.

Is that the guy who had his hat "removed" by a player? Lafayette was very good at taking peoples hats off that game.