Trinity 56 Lafayette 21 - 6A State Championship

theguru

Lafayette was very unclassy and had no sportsmanship last year when I saw them and the coaches were a part of it with players. No control from the top of the program.

I've read this from multiple people over the past couple years. All I needed to see last night to prove this was the coin toss.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Details?

One of their captains turned his back to the Trinity players and started dancing as the ref was trying to get the decision from the teams. Then he kept his dance going to the sideline before the meeting was done. He never turned back to shake hands after the coin toss as he was off doing his own thing.

I guess if you could take an all star team of players from all the Lexington schools and surrounding counties and put them on one team, you'd have a shot to compete because that's what you basically have in Trinity. Great team, but, it would be hard for me to get excited about winning a state championship when the deck is heavily stacked to your advantage. Unfortunately, Ky doesn't have enough big private schools to have it's own class. It's not Trinity's fault and I'm not blaming them, they have a terrific program and what parent wouldn't want their kids to play there if they're an elite athlete and have that opportunity, but, what state public school can compete with them? It's like placing Alabama in the OVC, just a different level than the rest of the state. I'm sure Trinity players, fans and administration wishes they had another option, but, at this point, there isn't one out there and other large public schools are the ones that have to suffer for it.

Every time Trinity and Lafayette have played over the last couple years, Lafayette has showed little to no sportsmanship, especially once they got down big. Maybe the Trinity kids just got tired of turning the other cheek?

As for the chanting from the students, Trinity's administration should have been on that and ended it, maybe they did. Obviously that's not cool, but I've heard FAR worse from a student section, and to push the narrative that Trinity is classless because of that, especially with their track record, is nothing but lazy.

To deflect blame only to Lafayette and take up for Trinity after last night is nothing but lazy. Not a good night for both teams. Even the mighty Trinity can lose their composure people, it's ok

Not playing devils advocate her because I have no personal interest in either team, but it looks like the refs LET this one get out of hand.

You may have one team with a reputation, but when the officials do not nip this in the bud early, this is the outcome you get.

There are ways to handle this kind of stuff early on in the contest and they should have realized where it was heading before kickoff as there is plenty of blame to go around.

To deflect blame only to Lafayette and take up for Trinity after last night is nothing but lazy. Not a good night for both teams. Even the mighty Trinity can lose their composure people, it's ok

Which is exactly why I said "Maybe the Trinity kids just got tired of turning the other cheek?"

Lafayette has a track record of this kind of nonsense, Trinity doesn't. You push kids so far and eventually they are going to break. Trinity doesn't have this issue with anybody else.

The majority of the state could careless about Trinity winning another title. Guess what .... they should win EVERY year. To me if they don't something is wrong. They have more kids in the school, more players, endless resources because they are a private school with rich tradition, enough coaches to have a coach per position on offense and defense, pulling some of the best kids in the Louisville area, and the list could go on and on. Trinity winning another title is expected. If they didn't win people should be talking. To speak on Lafayette I have heard discipline was an issue the past couple years.

The majority of the state could careless about Trinity winning another title. Guess what .... they should win EVERY year. To me if they don't something is wrong. They have more kids in the school, more players, endless resources because they are a private school with rich tradition, enough coaches to have a coach per position on offense and defense, pulling some of the best kids in the Louisville area, and the list could go on and on. Trinity winning another title is expected. If they didn't win people should be talking. To speak on Lafayette I have heard discipline was an issue the past couple years.

'Endless resources' :lol2:

If only, then we'd have gotten air-conditioning before the turn of the millennium.

Also, I have a hard time believing we've got 22 coaches. That would make the sideline even more crowded than it already is.

I didn't realize Walker Wood got injuried then Trinity fans srarted chanting wheres Walker. That is horrible Trinity has no class doing that while a kid is injuried especially when it is a kid who they can't stop. Trinity has no class!

Maybe someday your boys from Independence will be able to compete with a team like Trinity. Be thankful you were eliminated when you were. Trinity would have shut Simon Kenton out AGAIN.