Why the divide between urban and rural areas?

All Tell

You should seriously consider running for office, not sure which office, but someone with your perspective may be able to do some good.

I agree. You would make a good one, whichever ticket you are on.

Couldn't agree more on your perspective Getslow, but don't go in the Swamp. There's bad things in there!

:lol2:

Well that's kind of you all to say, but I don't know that I could get elected to my neighborhood watch, much less a serious political office. I've never been an exceptional butt kisser.

A few articles that are worth a read. I know that one is from a comedy site, but its author is from a small town and has moved to a larger much more left leaning city.

Trump won because college-educated Americans are out of touch - The Washington Post

How Half Of America Lost Its F**king Mind

Life Outside the Liberal Bubble - NYTimes.com

They are not the entirety of it obviously, but I think these do have some value in their attempts at explaining it.

Look at the electoral map. Blue around most large urban areas, red everywhere else. Even in KY Louisville, Lexington and NKY are blue but not the rest of the state. In Jefferson County since merger there is a very clear divide between the former City of Louisville and the rest of the county.

Why does that divide exist and what can be done to lessen it?

Not sure what map you're looking at, but I see no red in NKY??