Boyle County Home Game Situation

phil shil

I think this is crazy. A program of Boyle's stature should not have to deal with problems such as this. There is no excuse and this should never happen again. The teams, the band, the school, and the fans deserve better.

Good point especially mentioning the band. They have been treated like a Cinderellian stepchild regarding the use of the field for years.:cool:

Good point especially mentioning the band. They have been treated like a Cinderellian stepchild regarding the use of the field for years.:cool:

The band program is as prestigious as they come around the state, maybe more so then the football team at points. They do deserve better, Director Tim Blevins has really built that program. Both orginazations deserve a better field. It isn't fair to have this years seniors unable to play (instruments or football) at there home field. But does anyone know what put the field in such bad shape? I heard they laid the sod down to late, or something. Is this true?

The band program is as prestigious as they come around the state, maybe more so then the football team at points. They do deserve better, Director Tim Blevins has really built that program. Both orginazations deserve a better field. It isn't fair to have this years seniors unable to play (instruments or football) at there home field. But does anyone know what put the field in such bad shape? I heard they laid the sod down to late, or something. Is this true?

A combination of many things from what I have heard. Poor soil with too much sand and clay, timing of the sodding, etc etc. Perhaps the only solution is to strip the entire surface and bring in new topsoil (LOTS OF TOPSOIL) and then sod. But, then again, lawncare is not my expertise.:D

A combination of many things from what I have heard. Poor soil with too much sand and clay, timing of the sodding, etc etc. Perhaps the only solution is to strip the entire surface and bring in new topsoil (LOTS OF TOPSOIL) and then sod. But, then again, lawncare is not my expertise.:D

Nor mine. These boys and girls deserve better though. Might be time to take a lesson from the ol' Danville field crew.

This is a joke! A program like Boyle County can't play a home game because of the field! Come on! I can only imagine how much money the football team has brought to the school and now how much they're losing. There should be an artificial surface thier anyway. If not they should have had this resolved long ago.

Sorry to bash thoughs in charge but there really is no excuse for this!

This is crazy that they can't play at home if this is true. What will they do if they get home field in the play off's.

Possibly, if they spring into action, they could have field turf in 6 weeks. Highlands field turf from the time of the OK til the first game was only 1 month.

According to the AD at Boyle County the field will be ready by the 29th home game.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Rebel K,

Are they putting down Field Turf or replacing with a new natural/Bermuda surface? If my memory is correct, they had a pretty good Bermuda field already???

I truly can't answer that question. But if I had to gander a guess I'd have to say the natural/bermuda surface is what they are going with. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me can answer that question.