Brentwood Academy's Ridiculous Hail Mary

That probably only applies to a ball on the ground. I will check.

I'll defer to you - but I think it would apply to a ball that was either in the air or on the ground.

If not teams would be doing the "tip ball play " all the time - short flat pass to a wide out who then "bats / tips" it forward to another teammate coming across a few yards downfield ?

I'll defer to you - but I think it would apply to a ball that was either in the air or on the ground.

If not teams would be doing the "tip ball play " all the time - short flat pass to a wide out who then "bats / tips" it forward to another teammate coming across a few yards downfield ?

All the time ?

I would think that a team that is depending on a receiver to bat a pass forward to a teammate with precision, while in traffic, is going to have a hard time moving the ball consistently--especially if they do it all the time.

I would think the likelihood of high school players doing this with regularity are less than 25%.

I would think that a team that is depending on a receiver to bat a pass forward to a teammate with precision, while in traffic, is going to have a hard time moving the ball consistently--especially if the do it all the time.

I would think the likelihood of high school players doing this with regularity are less than 25%.

Great minds think alike.

All the time ?

I would think that a team that is depending on a receiver to bat a pass forward to a teammate with precision, while in traffic, is going to have a hard time moving the ball consistently--especially if they do it all the time.

Ok - I'm sorry. Perhaps I "overstated" just a tad.

But I think the point is still -whether it's a legal play? I say no.

Ok - I'm sorry. Perhaps I "overstated" just a tad.

But I think the point is still -whether it's a legal play? I say no.

According to the rulebook, I believe it was rule 9-7 (but I'm not sure what rulebook that I found the pdf file on, just that it was a high school rulebook), batting of a pass in flight by any eligible player is legal. That makes sense because otherwise anytime a receiver bobbles a ball on a catch and the ball continues downfield it would be illegal.

I'm watching the replay of this game right now. The running back, Ty Chandler, for MBA is a beast. The UT commit carried 21 times for 341 yds and 3 touchdowns in the win and that put him over 1500 yards rushing on the season with 29 TDs.

Fun to watch

Gentlemen:

You all were absolutely correct - and I was in error.

I'm sorry to have "muddle up" the discussion.

Scrounged up a RB - and the Gentlemen was correct - Rule 9.7.

I must have been thinking of a loose ball on the ground.

Sorry it took me a few days to get back on here.

Good job.