Sheldon Clark 35 Boyd County 14

UKBLUE1964

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Cardinals. I agree with JC, this is no surprise. SC can play with anybody. Right now I'd say Belfry, SC, Leslie County and Middlesboro in the region is a toss-up. I just hope P-burg can improve enough to make it a five way race.

they better work on defense or this staff wont last long:mad:

Same Defensive staff that we have had for 3 years now....Marsh's defense was questionable, especially when we were beating Ashland by 24 at half, then ended up losing a few years ago....Kinda odd, anyway that is a different subject in itself.....But Evans defense definetly has not produced for years now.

Hope Coach Evans gets it figured out and resolved, best of luck to the Lions, we have to just put that game behind us now.:thumb:

Red Blood,

I am interested in what type of defensive scheme that you would employ, you keep stating that the scheme is not working. I have not seen the Lions play this year or last so I don't have an opion. Just interested what you would do.

Guest kybigguy42

Boyd County played almost the entire first half with no cornerbacks. It was like a 63 with 2 safeties. I have never seen anything quite like it.

Boyd County played almost the entire first half with no cornerbacks. It was like a 63 with 2 safeties. I have never seen anything quite like it.

They tried the same thing in 2002 at Russell. Basically 11 in the box just daring you to throw a pass. It didn't work then either.

Well, that explains how they stopped the run. Sounds like the corners were the safeties, or either the outside LBs were supposed to recognize and pull double duty. Regardless, sounds like Boyd either dared the Cards to pass, or had no respect for their passing game. Impressive win, and this district looks ripe for the pickin'.

Well, that explains how they stopped the run. Sounds like the corners were the safeties, or either the outside LBs were supposed to recognize and pull double duty. Regardless, sounds like Boyd either dared the Cards to pass, or had no respect for their passing game. Impressive win, and this district looks ripe for the pickin'.

Who are they going to pick it from?

IMO Sheldon Clark will not take the district crown from the Belfry Pirates! Same thing was said last year!

I have to agree, right now anways. SC has done nothing to prove they can take down Belfry. Same games and wins from last year won't matter when they play Belfry again this year. SC got on fire last year, but got pounded by Belfry. I have no reason to believe it will be any different this year. SC needs to beef up their schedule a bit.

I agree Deimos, its not a knock on SC they have a great team and you know you have a great coach, but scheduling teams like Knott Co. isnt going to accomplish alot, but then again sometimes it is hard to find games and people to play. I respect SC alot, and the main reason I do is because they are competitive year in and year out and thats something to be proud of and not alot of people can say that in this district. Good Luck to SC the rest of the year.

To say Belfry has already won this district is nonsense. Belfry goes to SC this year. And lets face the facts. No matter how good you think you are, you can never rule out P-Burg OR Shelby Valley for that matter.

Both teams will defintely give it their best.