Reds @ Marlins (7/8 - 7/10)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far this season, the Reds have at least been able to say that they're better than the Braves and the Twins. That gap has shrunk to something like a single game.

At this point I hope they finish last and get the #1 overall pick. Anybody have the scoop on next year's draft class? :lol:

Didn't see the play so I'm not sure how it happened without Billy Hamilton on 2nd base.

Barnhardt was either crossed up or suffering from Nick Esasky vertigo and missed a pitch right down the middle (called a strike). Bounced off his shin guards over to the dugout between 1st & 3rd where neither he nor Votto could get to it before run scored. Keystone cops.

NOTE: Barnhardt flat missed another pitch later in the game and it went right to the backstop.

Votto didn't get an E on either play, but allowed 1 runner on when he threw low & away to Reed covering 1st and another when he first went to field a ball that was basically hit right to Phillips and didn't get back to the base before runner reached. 1 physical and 1 mental error. The mental error would have been 3rd out (didn't happen with 2 outs, but you know what I mean) and Marlins scored several in that inning.