Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Featured Replies

A big part of me hopes Phelps feels the competitive bug and gives it another go in 4 years. He's still on top of the game. I hate to see athletes go out when they are still the best.

 

I agree with @MJAlltheWay24 , a lot can happen in 4 years. If it was something next year, or maybe even the year after...possibly. I just don't think 2020 is realistic. And while I agree with you on hating to see athletes go out when they are still the best...I hate seeing great athletes who have hung around too long, even more. I'd rather remember him on the medal stand, than potentially the guy who couldn't advance out of the semi's.

  • Replies 885
  • Views 79.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched a little bit of table tennis action. I can't believe this is an Olympic sport. :angrybird9:

Watching Korea and the U.S. play a fierce game of badminton. Again, an Olympic sport?!

 

I wonder if you can say shuttlecock on BGP?!

  • Author

Watching this Gold Medal Rugby game between Fiji and Great Britian. A few things:

 

Awesome that Fiji is going to win this gold medal. Probably means so much to their country. And they crushed Great Britian.

 

Why only 10 min halves? Seems so short.

 

I wish Rugby was bigger in the states. I would enjoy watching this a lot more.

Watching this Gold Medal Rugby game between Fiji and Great Britian. A few things:

 

Awesome that Fiji is going to win this gold medal. Probably means so much to their country. And they crushed Great Britian.

 

Why only 10 min halves? Seems so short.

 

I wish Rugby was bigger in the states. I would enjoy watching this a lot more.

Rugby is a heck of a sport........the normal 15-man version. 7-man rugby does not do the game justice.

I know countless and countless athletes -- many very competitive -- that are taking supplements without going through the ingredients list. Doesn't seem unlikely at all. People look for an edge, for help, etc.

 

Also, I think it's well-documented that the Russian Federation hasn't gone a great job educating their athletes.

 

I think people are trying to make her fit a narrative because it's makes for a fun story a la Rocky IV.

 

I thought Russia was found guilty of a systemic doping program? Did Russia knowingly dope their athletes, or do they not know what they are doing?

 

I don't root for or cut breaks for dopers. Efimova shouldn't even be in the Olympics.

I thought Russia was found guilty of a systemic doping program? Did Russia knowingly dope their athletes, or do they not know what they are doing?

 

I don't root for or cut breaks for dopers. Efimova shouldn't even be in the Olympics.

If what she claims is true calling her a doper is a huge stretch. Being part of the Russian program gives me pause though.

If what she claims is true calling her a doper is a huge stretch. Being part of the Russian program gives me pause though.

 

The whole thing gives me pause. I feel for the athletes but it was discovered that not only was the Russian Federation helping athletes dope in numerous sports, the Russian government was helping them hide it. The entire delegation should've been banned to ensure they stopped doing it forever.

The whole thing gives me pause. I feel for the athletes but it was discovered that not only was the Russian Federation helping athletes dope in numerous sports, the Russian government was helping them hide it. The entire delegation should've been banned to ensure they stopped doing it forever.

Agreed.

Beatdown by Phelps. Wow.

 

Absolutely. I see no point in him going through four more years of training for the next Olympics (when he'll be 35!). He's done his service for the country many times over.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.