Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Featured Replies

Might be a little early for this, but I thought it might be nice to have a place to chat about the upcoming Olympics and news coming out about it.

  • Replies 885
  • Views 79k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Heard on the news that Rory McIlroy will not be participating due to the ZIKA virus. I don't think he's the first golfer to boy out and he won't be the last.

 

I didn't even know golf was an Olympic sport.

Heard on the news that Rory McIlroy will not be participating due to the ZIKA virus. I don't think he's the first golfer to boy out and he won't be the last.

 

I didn't even know golf was an Olympic sport.

 

It's a new addition this year. You'll see a lot of folks in sports like golf -- where the Olympics isn't the sport's biggest showcase -- continue to drop as we get closer.

 

Tejay van Garderen -- one of the two best American road cyclists -- has said that he won't go. His wife is pregnant and he doesn't want to risk Zika contraction. He'll be at the Tour de France next month and then just take a break during the Olympics.

  • Author
It's a new addition this year. You'll see a lot of folks in sports like golf -- where the Olympics isn't the sport's biggest showcase -- continue to drop as we get closer.

 

Wouldn't shock me at all. If I was a golfer, I probably wouldn't care much for participating in the Olympics.

Rio should've never been given the Olympics. The water isn't safe for the athletes to be in, violence all over the city, Zika virus....What a disaster.

Rio should've never been given the Olympics. The water isn't safe for the athletes to be in, violence all over the city, Zika virus....What a disaster.

 

Yeah and just wait until all the athletes/fans come home and Zika becomes a major concern for the US.

Yeah and just wait until all the athletes/fans come home and Zika becomes a major concern for the US.

 

It's a legit concern/fear. Having a pregnant wife, I'm absolutely concerned about it.

It's a legit concern/fear. Having a pregnant wife, I'm absolutely concerned about it.

 

As you should be, I really don't understand why they chose the location.

As you should be, I really don't understand why they chose the location.

 

$$$$$$$$$$$$

  • Author
As you should be, I really don't understand why they chose the location.

 

That governing body is about as corrupt as FIFA.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

 

I get it's a major reason, but host cities for the Olympics always end up spending way more than they bring in. It usually takes them a while to work their way out of the red.

Heard on the news that Rory McIlroy will not be participating due to the ZIKA virus. I don't think he's the first golfer to boy out and he won't be the last.

 

I didn't even know golf was an Olympic sport.

 

Me neither. When will they add bass fishing?

I LOVE watching the Olympics. I will be glued to the TV at that time. I hope the games can go on successfully. These athletes put their lives on hold to train for this opportunity.

I would worry about the crime rate there as much as Zika. It's probably the most unsafe and unhealthy places that has ever been chosen as an Olympic site. My guess is a lot of elite athletes will skip it, golf being the most notable.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.