2016 Rio Summer Olympics

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard on the news that Rory McIlroy will not be participating due to the ZIKA virus. I don't think he's the first golfer to boy out and he won't be the last.

I didn't even know golf was an Olympic sport.

It's a new addition this year. You'll see a lot of folks in sports like golf -- where the Olympics isn't the sport's biggest showcase -- continue to drop as we get closer.

Tejay van Garderen -- one of the two best American road cyclists -- has said that he won't go. His wife is pregnant and he doesn't want to risk Zika contraction. He'll be at the Tour de France next month and then just take a break during the Olympics.

It's a new addition this year. You'll see a lot of folks in sports like golf -- where the Olympics isn't the sport's biggest showcase -- continue to drop as we get closer.

Wouldn't shock me at all. If I was a golfer, I probably wouldn't care much for participating in the Olympics.

Rio should've never been given the Olympics. The water isn't safe for the athletes to be in, violence all over the city, Zika virus....What a disaster.

Yeah and just wait until all the athletes/fans come home and Zika becomes a major concern for the US.

Heard on the news that Rory McIlroy will not be participating due to the ZIKA virus. I don't think he's the first golfer to boy out and he won't be the last.

I didn't even know golf was an Olympic sport.

Me neither. When will they add bass fishing?