Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Featured Replies

UL Women's Swimmer Worrell will be swimming in the Olympics.

  • Replies 885
  • Views 79k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swimming trials are about finished and track and field starts today.

 

I've watching every night of the swimming trials and they've been really fun. What a grinder for an elite athlete to go through just to qualify for the US team.

 

The poor girl they disqualified after she made the team for an illegal turn, and then reinstated her in the appeal. What a run of emotions.

Pretty cool when a family friend qualifies for the Olympics.

 

David Verburg, third in the 400 meters, 44.82.

  • Author
Yes, it is tough. Saw where Missy Franklin did not make it.

 

Wow, she didn't? Bummer. She was one of the heroes from the 2012 Olympics.

Rio police have not been paid in months.

 

 

There is also a drug-resistant super bacteria off the coast.

Rio police have not been paid in months.

 

 

There is also a drug-resistant super bacteria off the coast.

If someone said to me, "Prof, here's $25,000 but to get it you have to go to Rio to the Olympics", I'd tell them to keep their money.

Wow, she didn't? Bummer. She was one of the heroes from the 2012 Olympics.

 

She qualified for 3 events for Rio. She didn't qualify to defend her gold medal in 100 backstroke. She qualified for 200m backstroke, 200m freestyle, and that put her on the 200m x4 freestyle relay team.

If someone said to me, "Prof, here's $25,000 but to get it you have to go to Rio to the Olympics", I'd tell them to keep their money.

 

Agreed...

As to the discussion earlier in this thread: the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund has backed (I suppose, she answered a question during a conference) a proposal to have the Olympics permanently in Athens and, quite frankly, I think I like it, at least for the Summer Games.

 

IMF Chief Backs Permanent Olympic Host

 

Athens seems like a natural permanent host and having permanent status would be good for Greece as well as save some of the nonsensical amounts of money being spent around the world to host these things every four years.

 

A permanent Winter host is a little trickier to find, probably, as the lack of a natural host (like Athens, the birthplace of the games) would make the politics somewhat thorny.

I'd like to see a small rotation just to spread it around a little. 2 - 4 venues for each.

I missed the first day of the trials (forgot to set DVR) but have watched every second since then. That 800m girls final yesterday was brutal. I would not want to be Brenda Martinez today.

  • Author
She qualified for 3 events for Rio. She didn't qualify to defend her gold medal in 100 backstroke. She qualified for 200m backstroke, 200m freestyle, and that put her on the 200m x4 freestyle relay team.

 

Oh okay! Thanks for the clarification. Glad to hear that she will still be a part of the games.

I'd go in a heartbeat.

 

I'll go with you. Love to go there for Carnival

Now I hear they have found a super virus exists.

Golfer Dustin Johnson put out a statement yesterday that he's not going to the Olympics due to the Zika virus. Said he had concerns about the health problems for himself and his family.

 

I think the Olympics are going to lose several star athletes in the outdoor sports. If I were a member of the any of the outdoor water events, such as rowing or kayak, I wouldn't be there. They're having major issues with polluted waters.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.