Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Featured Replies

How will the United States do in soccer? Oh wait.

  • Replies 885
  • Views 79k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why on earth did the Olympic Committee give this to a 4th world city and broke country.

How will the United States do in soccer? Oh wait.

 

Denmark, Fiji, Iraq, and South Africa are in the men's Olympic bracket. France, Spain, England, and Italy are not. It doesn't matter. It's U-23, which doesn't even have it's own World Cup and there are exceptions for senior players to play down for the tournament. It's a weird pointless thing and I might watch the gold medal game if I watch any of it at all.

Denmark, Fiji, Iraq, and South Africa are in the men's Olympic bracket. France, Spain, England, and Italy are not. It doesn't matter. It's U-23, which doesn't even have it's own World Cup and there are exceptions for senior players to play down for the tournament. It's a weird pointless thing and I might watch the gold medal game if I watch any of it at all.

 

It would be good for the development of younger players though, right? And I would have a reason to watch :lol2:

It would be good for the development of younger players though, right? And I would have a reason to watch :lol2:

 

I'll grant that I'd have watched if we were in it, and unlike a country like England or Spain where all their players play in the same country and can be together all the time, our guys could use the games together. I'd definitely liked to have seen more of what Hyndman, Arriola, and Wil Trapp can do in a midfield together. I think we also had a couple future senior team stars defensively with Matt Miazga and Cameron Carter-Vickers. It's definitely fun to see the young guys try to make a name for themselves in those moments.

What are the dates? I've not heard much hype about it. Used to be one of my favorite sporting events. Now it falls just above....no, I won't go there. Too many of you are already on suicide watch today.

Heard this morning that at a torch ceremony somewhere in the jungle a Jaguar had to be killed...that seems like they have it all in control.

Heard this morning that at a torch ceremony somewhere in the jungle a Jaguar had to be killed...that seems like they have it all in control.

 

The jaguar was there as a symbol as that is the mascot of these games. The big cat got away from them so they had to shoot it. Waste of another precious animal for no good reason except they wanted to parade him around.

Heard this morning that at a torch ceremony somewhere in the jungle a Jaguar had to be killed...that seems like they have it all in control.

 

Not just "a" jaguar but the olympic mascot.

 

A jaguar featured at an Olympic torch ceremony was shot dead by a soldier shortly after the event in the Brazilian Amazon city of Manaus as the animal escaped from its handlers, an army statement said.

 

The jaguar was killed on Monday at a zoo attached to a military training center where the Olympic torch ceremony was held. A soldier fired a single pistol shot when the escaped animal, despite being tranquilized, approached the soldier, the army said.

 

"We made a mistake in permitting the Olympic torch, a symbol of peace and unity, to be exhibited alongside a chained wild animal. This image goes against our beliefs and our values," the local organizing committee Rio 2016 said in a statement.

 

"We guarantee that there will be no more such incidents at Rio 2016," the committee added.

 

Amazon jaguar shot dead after Olympic torch ceremony

| Reuters

Sports I always like to take the time to watch:

 

Basketball

Swimming

Track (sprints)

Cycling (road race, not track)

 

I'll check in on boxing and table tennis... and somehow I always end up watching fencing on CNBC and I don't know why.

Sports I always like to take the time to watch:

 

Basketball

Swimming

Track (sprints)

Cycling (road race, not track)

 

I'll check in on boxing and table tennis... and somehow I always end up watching fencing on CNBC and I don't know why.

 

Swimming, track & field, and gymnastics for me. Don't really care about the other stuff.

Sports I like to watch:

 

Equestrian especially eventing

Swimming/Diving

Track

beach volleyball

water polo

 

And looking at the sports, I didn't realize triathlon was an Olympic sport

The jaguar was there as a symbol as that is the mascot of these games. The big cat got away from them so they had to shoot it. Waste of another precious animal for no good reason except they wanted to parade him around.

 

Not just "a" jaguar but the olympic mascot.

 

A jaguar featured at an Olympic torch ceremony was shot dead by a soldier shortly after the event in the Brazilian Amazon city of Manaus as the animal escaped from its handlers, an army statement said.

 

The jaguar was killed on Monday at a zoo attached to a military training center where the Olympic torch ceremony was held. A soldier fired a single pistol shot when the escaped animal, despite being tranquilized, approached the soldier, the army said.

 

"We made a mistake in permitting the Olympic torch, a symbol of peace and unity, to be exhibited alongside a chained wild animal. This image goes against our beliefs and our values," the local organizing committee Rio 2016 said in a statement.

 

"We guarantee that there will be no more such incidents at Rio 2016," the committee added.

 

Amazon jaguar shot dead after Olympic torch ceremony

| Reuters

 

Sad deal

Sports I like to watch:

 

Equestrian especially eventing

Swimming/Diving

Track

beach volleyball

water polo

 

And looking at the sports, I didn't realize triathlon was an Olympic sport

 

There are all kinds of stuff that gets added and deleted as sports all the time. Is Ping Pong an Olympic sport?

What...Ask Bruce Jenner...I mean Caitlyn or whatever it's name is now.

 

Jenner won the decathlon, not triathlon.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.