Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Featured Replies

Because it is the anthem and not the Pledge of Allegiance.

 

This.

 

I don't place my hand over my heart for the NA. I always stand with my hands folded at my waist like in prayer. If that makes me unpatriotic to some, so be it.

  • Replies 885
  • Views 79.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wonder why the rest were doing it?

 

Next time you're at a sporting event and it's played look at all the different ways people stand during the anthem. There's no one right way to do it.

Wonder why the rest were doing it?

 

Michael Phelps didn't.

This.

 

I don't place my hand over my heart for the NA. I always stand with my hands folded at my waist like in prayer. If that makes me unpatriotic to some, so be it.

 

I never do either. I stand with my hands behind my back and if I am not singing along I remain quiet. If I have on a hat, I remove my hat. I've never placed my hand over my heart for the National Anthem. Just the Pledge of Allegiance which I still know by heart to this day.

What was wrong with her hair? I was only seeing the tweets Bleacher Report had in the article.

 

Social media has been talking about her hair since the 2012 Olympics. Just go to Twitter and search Gabby Douglas hair.

Someone had to put something in it. No way pool water turns that shade of green with dye or something. Especially an indoor pool.

 

I read something that said they didn't chlorinate that pool properly and that it is believed to have been algae growth that happened overnight. That good old Brazilian water......

I read something that said they didn't chlorinate that pool properly and that it is believed to have been algae growth that happened overnight. That good old Brazilian water......

You would have to really screw up from several days on an indoor pool like that for it to turn that green overnight. And there would be obvious signs it was coming the day before. Is that pool only used for diving? I've opened my pool in the spring and it not look that bad.

You would have to really screw up from several days on an indoor pool like that for it to turn that green overnight. And there would be obvious signs it was coming the day before. Is that pool only used for diving? I've opened my pool in the spring and it not look that bad.

 

That pool looked awful.

That pool looked awful.

Will be interesting to see what it looks like today. If it is/was algae that can't be fixed overnight and the level of shock you would have to put in there to kill it wouldn't allow for them to use it today.

Will be interesting to see what it looks like today. If it is/was algae that can't be fixed overnight and the level of shock you would have to put in there to kill it wouldn't allow for them to use it today.

 

Now I want to watch Diving just to see what the pool looks like. Part of me feels like something stupid is going to happen with the pool.

As inept as the crew is running this, I have a hard time thinking algae developed with as little use as these pools get. It isn't a reflection or something like that?

As inept as the crew is running this, I have a hard time thinking algae developed with as little use as these pools get. It isn't a reflection or something like that?

Nope, the water is green. I maintain if it's algae, who ever is responsible for that pool as spent the entire olympics watching the beach volleyball or something. That amount of algae doesn't happen overnight from 1 day of neglect. At least not with some major warning signs the day before.

I've just assumed it is by design since Brazil is associated with that color.

I've just assumed it is by design since Brazil is associated with that color.

 

If they were smart, that's what they would have said :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.