Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Featured Replies

Last night I was watching some sort of daily wrap up on NBCSN. Really enjoyed it. Showed a team fencing bout, a badminton game, and a boxing match, among others. And it wasn't all Americans, which was a bit refreshing. Sort of a "Here's the best stuff from around Rio today." I'll definitely be tuning into that the rest of the games.

  • Replies 885
  • Views 79.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last night I was watching some sort of daily wrap up on NBCSN. Really enjoyed it. Showed a team fencing bout, a badminton game, and a boxing match, among others. And it wasn't all Americans, which was a bit refreshing. Sort of a "Here's the best stuff from around Rio today." I'll definitely be tuning into that the rest of the games.

 

Why would anyone want to watch that??

Absolutely. I see no point in him going through four more years of training for the next Olympics (when he'll be 35!). He's done his service for the country many times over.

 

Why would Phelps not come back for 2020? He is obviously one of the best swimmers in the world. Every medal that Michael wins increases his marketability, which means dollars and more dollars. I hope he swims til he's 50!

Why would Phelps not come back for 2020? He is obviously one of the best swimmers in the world. Every medal that Michael wins increases his marketability, which means dollars and more dollars. I hope he swims til he's 50!

Diminishing Returns. The incremental benefit is not worth the effort.

 

The amount of prep and training will only get more difficult as he gets older.

 

However, personally, I would love to see him keep going but I completely understand if he does not.

Why would anyone want to watch that??

 

I thought the same thing until I saw a British boxer land every punch of a four-hit combination and put an Uzbek guy flat on his back. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen in an Olympic boxing match.

I saw it the other day and they said it was a new rule. Anything below the waste was out but with the rule change as long as you keep it from hitting the floor it's fair game. That was a really cool save.

 

Another change was to allow net contact on the serve.

 

Agree with you on the size of these guys. No chance I'm trying to dig one of those kills. I'm running the other way.

 

Funny you mentioned that. My family and I were discussing this yesterday. I played football and enjoyed running full speed into other guys, but I saw how fast those spikes were and got pretty scared watching it from tv lol.

Diminishing Returns. The incremental benefit is not worth the effort.

 

The amount of prep and training will only get more difficult as he gets older.

 

However, personally, I would love to see him keep going but I completely understand if he does not.

 

Using this theory it would also be time for Lebron to retire. Sure it's his life, I support him either way. I think Michael still really enjoys being on the big stage. 31 may seem old for some but this is Michael Phelps we're talking about.

Using this theory it would also be time for Lebron to retire. Sure it's his life, I support him either way. I think Michael still really enjoys being on the big stage. 35 may seem old for some but this is Michael Phelps we're talking about.

 

He retired after the 2012 games at 27. Only reason he came back was the loss to Le Clos. No way he does it again.

He retired after the 2012 games at 27. Only reason he came back was the loss to Le Clos. No way he does it again.

 

By 2014 Phelps had been arrested for his 2nd DUI and had slipped into a "dark place" and was completely out of control. Perhaps world class competetive swimming affords him the structure that he needs.

By 2014 Phelps had been arrested for his 2nd DUI and had slipped into a "dark place" and was completely out of control. Perhaps world class competetive swimming affords him the structure that he needs.

 

Perhaps, or maybe it's the rush that he needs.

Using this theory it would also be time for Lebron to retire. Sure it's his life, I support him either way. I think Michael still really enjoys being on the big stage. 31 may seem old for some but this is Michael Phelps we're talking about.

It is different from Lebron though. Phelps is the GOAT. Lebron is still striving to be.

  • Author
Using this theory it would also be time for Lebron to retire. Sure it's his life, I support him either way. I think Michael still really enjoys being on the big stage. 31 may seem old for some but this is Michael Phelps we're talking about.

 

That's a terrible comparison.

 

31 isn't old for an NBA player. It's dinosaur years for a swimmer.

It is different from Lebron though. Phelps is the GOAT. Lebron is still striving to be.

 

I am sure the $$$ is another factor keeping Lebron around. Hard to walk away from a 100 mill contract.

Phelps has a wife and a baby now, and he didn't in 2012. Maybe he wants to shift his focus to family. Training for swimming is no joke. Between drylands and pool time, my daughter spent almost 5 hours a day training, and she was just a club swimmer. Imagine the amount of training he's doing.

Any updates on the US Women's Soccer? Last I heard they were in extra-time with Sweden tied at 1.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.