The Toughest Schedule in the 16th Region

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen enough schedules to form an opinion? However, without seeing any schedules and by just reflecting on last year, I would bet that Rose Hill and Rowan County have the toughest schedules for the coming season as they did last year.

I have seen the only schedule I need to see to form an opinion.

I understand Rose Hill and Rowan County are scheduled to play twice during the upcoming regular season. RHCS is also set to participate in the Fifth Third Classic and has LexCath at home. Those games coupled with the rest of the competition in the 16th make for a fair schedule for RHCS.

I understand Rose Hill and Rowan County are scheduled to play twice during the upcoming regular season. RHCS is also set to participate in the Fifth Third Classic and has LexCath at home. Those games coupled with the rest of the competition in the 16th make for a fair schedule for RHCS.

I don't think Rose Hill's schedule will be able to compete with the one I saw the other day.

Go ahead and send Rowan the region title trophy.

They have the toughest schedule.

You must've received the same phone call I received! Next season, Rowan will play:

- Lafayette

- Henry Clay

- Scott Co.

- Woodford Co.

- North Hardin

- Louisville Assumption

- Montgomery Co.

- Mason Co.

- Clark Co.

- Lexington Christian

- Bryan Station

- Mercer Co.

- Rose Hill (twice)

Can anyone else top that?

Anyone want to bet on how many of those games Rowan County will win? I suppose that if the toughest schedule translates into anything of significance (other than an abundance of losses), the schedule of the David School sets it apart among the boys because, in light of its talent level, no one plays a more difficult schedule. Therefore, can we conclude that the "big two" are Rowan County's girls and the David School's boys?

Anyone want to bet on how many of those games Rowan County will win? I suppose that if the toughest schedule translates into anything of significance (other than an abundance of losses), the schedule of the David School sets it apart among the boys because, in light of its talent level, no one plays a more difficult schedule. Therefore, can we conclude that the "big two" are Rowan County's girls and the David School's boys?

We can conclude that Rowan's girls can probably beat the David School's boys and we can also conclude that Coach Thomas can coach and will use these games to toughen his team up for the regional tournament. When you play big games night in and night out you get tough and you will be prepared for the big games in March. When you play Frito Lay High School night in and night out, you stoop to their level and then you get a nice big shock when you're tossed into the lion's den come tourney time.

Now isn't that interesting? Somehow, all that tough talk just lost its thunder, don't you think?:laugh: :sleep:

It is puzzling why Thomas at one point was willing to play "home & home" and then backed away from the agreement. The big losers? Players & fans who would have enjoyed the Regional final rematch.

I'm sure the decision was based strictly on principle.:lol: But, then, from the looks of the schedule, Rowan County will receive enough rearend kickings whether they play the local top teams or not.

I don't find a lot of validity in the apparent argument that you prepare for the tournaments by enduring loss after loss to superior teams. Somehow, a good win over a comparable team sure beats, I would think, onesided losses to schools like Louisville Assumption, LexCath, and Scott County. Maybe it can be argued that you get better by playing superior teams. On the other hand, you can be so beaten up physically and beaten down mentally that it really doesn't matter.

Too much emphasis is being placed on Rowan County's win over West Carter and good first half against Rose Hill in the regional tournament last season. West Carter was shorthanded but, I think, on most nights still the superior team and Rose Hill took a half to focus after the emotional win over the co-region favorite, Russell, the night before. However, once they focused, Rowan County's tough schedule preparation meant little other than an overall losing season.