Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bathroom Wars: Whose side you got?

Featured Replies

If he is in the mens room dressed as a woman then at least he is using the correct restroom. More than likely he will be using the stalls (for privacy), but if he hikes up his dress to take a leak at the urinal yes I would have to explain the situation to my son, but its better than a dude in the restroom with my daughter.

 

If he does that I would say he's got ... umm... guts.

 

What happens in the mens bathroom stays in the mens bathroom... ( lol. Couldn't resist that)

  • Replies 417
  • Views 38.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This issue is so 2016...up is down...right is wrong.

 

I didn't imagine that we would ever be discussing a man's rights to use the woman's locker room, shower room or sharing the bathroom with little girls.

:bag:

 

No kidding. It's absurd.

Maybe the solution is to allow all Transgenders to share the Men's restroom.

 

Seems the biggest concern is that people with nefarious intent would use this as an opportunity to be in the restroom with our wives and daughters.

 

I've seen transgenders in the Men's room several times over the years ( I spent 30 years at Walmart after all :lol2: ) and I honestly never gave it a second thought.

Guys, I don't think @jpa2825 was saying that you, in particular, were racist or anything else. He was just stating that our complaints throughout history have often looked the same, whether we were complaining about races, genders, ethnic groups, etc.

 

Correct. My point was that the altered quote I provided would not have been looked upon as racist by the great majority of people if message boards had existed in the 50s & 60s but is now offensive to the great majority of people.

 

Similarly, PB98's current post is not looked on as improper by the great majority of people. My guess is that in 10 to 15 years, if the same statement was made about transgender, gender fluid, questioning or other people, it would be seen as offensive to the great majority of people.

 

If you disagree, so be it. If you agree, why not flatten the learning curve and stop making such statements now -- even if they are accepted by the majority.

For the record if a man dressed as woman came into the men's restroom I'd have no problem. It's happened to me a few times. Same would be true if a woman who identified as a man. Someone being transgender has no impact on me and it doesn't bug me.

 

I just don't like the Pandora box opening a woman's restroom for men to use the restroom with women and young girls.

 

I know a majority of transgender are good people with their own life quirks , I have no problem with them. I just don't think women and children should be put in that situation or create a scenario where a perv can use the rules to commit some perv act.

 

I also keep reading this has been happening for years. Which is probably true. What is new is some in the LGBT community wanting schools to adopt a policy to allow children to use a bathroom they identify with and not their biological gender. This is crossing a line that should not be crossed, children should not be exposed to.

I've been a woman using the women's restroom for four decades now. I've never been watched in the restroom nor have I watched anyone else. Where do some of you get that predators will now use this a free game to assault children? These predators use restrooms now.

Never in my lifetime did I consider that we would be at the point where people VIGOROUSLY defend the right of men to go into women's restrooms...and if you disagree with that crazy concept, something is wrong with YOU.

 

Heck, five years ago, if you did a poll and asked if men should be able to use the women's bathroom, 90+% would say "HELL NO"! Now we have company's and major sports leagues actually boycotting states who stand up to such nonsense.

 

I am surprised I don't hear politicians saying this is a women's rights issue. It really IMO is about women's rights.

 

As JD said, up is down, right is wrong, black is white, etc. Our country gets more screwed up every day...

I've been a woman using the women's restroom for four decades now. I've never been watched in the restroom nor have I watched anyone else. Where do some of you get that predators will now use this a free game to assault children? These predators use restrooms now.

LANCASTER, Pa. –A Quarryville man is accused of taking pictures of a 10 year-old girl using the bathroom

 

Quarryville man accused of using phone to look at 1-year-old girl in Sheetz restroom | WPMT FOX43

LANCASTER, Pa. –A Quarryville man is accused of taking pictures of a 10 year-old girl using the bathroom

 

Quarryville man accused of using phone to look at 1-year-old girl in Sheetz restroom | WPMT FOX43

 

A law preventing transgenders from using the restroom they identify with would not have prevented this crime. The guy in this case didn't dress up as a women to gain access to the restroom nor did he claim he was transgender and had a right to be there. Like the other examples given, this case has no relationship to the issue of allowing transgenders to use the bathroom of their choosing.

A law preventing transgenders from using the restroom they identify with would not have prevented this crime. The guy in this case didn't dress up as a women to gain access to the restroom nor did he claim he was transgender and had a right to be there. Like the other examples given, this case has no relationship to the issue of allowing transgenders to use the bathroom of their choosing.

 

I disagree

I disagree

 

I'm not trying to be obtuse, but what are you disagreeing with??

 

Was this guy a transgender?? No.

 

Did this guy dress as a women to gain access to the ladies room?? No.

 

Would a law preventing transgenders from using the ladies room have prevented this from happening?? No

 

Was a transgender person at all involved in this situation?? No

 

From reading the link, the answer to all of those questions is no. This discussion is about the evils that will happen if transgenders are permitted to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with, one of which is guys dressing as women simply to gain access to the ladies room. The link you provided has nothing to do with transgenders or guys dressing up as women to commit crimes in the ladies room.

A transgender dont have to dress the part.

 

All the trans stuff just opens the door for this.

A transgender dont have to dress the part.

 

All the trans stuff just opens the door for this.

 

according to the article, that door is already open. And it being open has nothing to do with the existence of transgender folks. Again, no mention in the article of anything even remotely related to a transgender person. No law prevents this from happening or even makes it any more difficult. This guy didn't even take the time to put on a skirt or even shave to look more like a women.

ForumRunner_20160425_144406.png

 

 

 

ForumRunner_20160425_144419.png

 

 

 

Just to compare to other issues that I actually agree with the right on.

I'll agree with rjs on 1 point, these laws won't prevent perverts from trying to go into the wrong restroom for nefarious purposes. What they will do is prevent those perverts from claiming they were in there because it's the sex they identify as. There is no legitimate reason for a man to go into a women's restroom, these laws insure that remains true.

 

If it will prevent even 1 tragedy isn't that reason enough?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.