April 22, 201610 yr I feel confident after reading a lot of these posts, that if a transgender woman (i.e. a man who identified and dressed as a woman) went into the men's restroom and many of you were in there with your child, there would be some sort of altercation, and most likely a violent one. But that seems to be okay with a lot of people in here.
April 22, 201610 yr I guess I'll have to tell my black wife and my mixed kids that I'm a racist because I don't want someone of the opposite sex popping up in the bathroom with them.
April 22, 201610 yr I feel confident after reading a lot of these posts, that if a transgender woman (i.e. a man who identified and dressed as a woman) went into the men's restroom and many of you were in there with your child, there would be some sort of altercation, and most likely a violent one. But that seems to be okay with a lot of people in here. Do you have a daughter is it okay that I use the bathroom in the same bathroom with her. Is it okay if I watch her use the restroom and she watches me. If that's okay with you then I'm okay with it. Enough is enough you cannot defend deviant behavior and force it on everybody else. This crap has to stop.
April 22, 201610 yr Do you have a daughter is it okay that I use the bathroom in the same bathroom with her. Is it okay if I watch her use the restroom and she watches me. If that's okay with you then I'm okay with it. Enough is enough you cannot defend deviant behavior and force it on everybody else. This crap has to stop. So you would or wouldn't confront the transgender person in the men's restroom if you and your son were in there? Remember this is a man who identifies as a woman and dresses as one. However they obey bathroom rules, and are using the men's restroom.
April 22, 201610 yr Guys, I don't think @jpa2825 was saying that you, in particular, were racist or anything else. He was just stating that our complaints throughout history have often looked the same, whether we were complaining about races, genders, ethnic groups, etc.
April 22, 201610 yr So you would or wouldn't confront the transgender person in the men's restroom if you and your son were in there? Remember this is a man who identifies as a woman and dresses as one. However they obey bathroom rules, and are using the men's restroom. I honestly don't know what I would do at that point . Depends on the age of my child. But we are talking about such a small percentage of even a smaller gay and lesbian community that the odds are unless I am in a place where LGBT people frequent that I would probably never have that situation occur.
April 22, 201610 yr I feel confident after reading a lot of these posts, that if a transgender woman (i.e. a man who identified and dressed as a woman) went into the men's restroom and many of you were in there with your child, there would be some sort of altercation, and most likely a violent one. But that seems to be okay with a lot of people in here. I think the example you gave is what many are asking for...a man goes to the men's restroom, regardless of how they are dressed. It's when the same man goes into the women's restroom where most have the issue.
April 22, 201610 yr I honestly don't know what I would do at that point . Depends on the age of my child. But we are talking about such a small percentage of even a smaller gay and lesbian community that the odds are unless I am in a place where LGBT people frequent that I would probably never have that situation occur. I don't disagree, but you think if this was passed a dude going into the women's restroom would occur frequently? I don't.
April 22, 201610 yr If he is in the mens room dressed as a woman then at least he is using the correct restroom. More than likely he will be using the stalls (for privacy), but if he hikes up his dress to take a leak at the urinal yes I would have to explain the situation to my son, but its better than a dude in the restroom with my daughter. Edited April 22, 201610 yr by polarbear98 spelling and added to comment
April 22, 201610 yr I think the example you gave is what many are asking for...a man goes to the men's restroom, regardless of how they are dressed. It's when the same man goes into the women's restroom where most have the issue. That's my point. That's what people are asking for. And I don't believe for one second they wouldn't initiate an altercation with that person based on the fact they were dressed like a woman. JMO.
April 22, 201610 yr I don't disagree, but you think if this was passed a dude going into the women's restroom would occur frequently? I don't. No I don't think it would happen frequently but it does open up the door for some perv to legally put himself in a voyeur and a child in a dangerous situation. I don't think for the few people who are confused and want to use the other restroom that we should put any children In Harm's Way. The only alternative I can see is a third bathroom. And I'm not for making businesses spend all this extra money for .0001% of society.
April 22, 201610 yr I think what most are saying is that it is not right to put children in adult situations. Especially those that are on the extreme side of society. Any law or compromising to PC that does that is plain wrong no matter the circumstances. Nobody in society should feel the want or have the recklessness to infringe on the innocence of children. We have a duty to protect those who can't protect themselves, physically and mentally. I have no words for those who are so selfish and self centered that they would do wrong by kids. Those who stand by and watch or enable are just as guilty. Those who stand up are not bigots or racist, they are men doing what is right by children. Edited April 22, 201610 yr by Fear the Nation
April 22, 201610 yr If he is in the mens room dressed as a woman then at least he is using the correct restroom. More than likely he will be using the stalls (for privacy), but if he hikes up his dress to take a leak at the urinal yes I would have to explain the situation to my son, but its better than a dude in the restroom with my daughter. If he does that I would say he's got ... umm... guts.
April 22, 201610 yr Guys, I don't think @jpa2825 was saying that you, in particular, were racist or anything else. He was just stating that our complaints throughout history have often looked the same, whether we were complaining about races, genders, ethnic groups, etc. They have, and that's where intent matters most. It's just hard to see in the heart of men to see their intent.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.