Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bathroom Wars: Whose side you got?

Featured Replies

The current laws do not allow a man to be in the women's restroom. I don't care how it gets reported. It isn't allowed now. The general public is now in the position of "enforcing" it. This is how all laws are enforced. The general public reports a crime when they see it. Yes, if i am in a department store and I see a man go into the women's changing area, I report it to the first store employee I see and I stand outside it to warn anyone who may enter that I think I saw a man go in there.

 

The laws proposed in NC are trying to get ahead of the game because there are those who are already trying to change our current culture to allow for transgender people to use the restroom that does not match their sex. When you ask if I think that "all transgender folks have evil thoughts," you miss the point. I do not think all transgender people are looking for an opportunity to prey on children. But I do think that creating a "right" for transgender people to use the "wrong" restroom provides an opportunity for an evil person (transgender or not transgender) to have access to children in a place that is private and behind closed doors so that there is plenty of opportunity for abuse. I have no idea what percentage of pedophiles are also cross-dressers--again, this is besides the point. But someone who would harm a child won't think twice about donning women's clothes and entering a women's restroom if it means they will have access to a little girl behind closed doors. Allowing transgender people to use the opposite-sex restroom gives the pedophile or sex-offender a ready excuse for being in the restroom or the locker room at the pool. He can just say he is transgender and has a right to be there.

 

This was actually done in Washington state, I believe Seattle. A man went into a women's locker room and undressed. When the facility objected he cited their new rule about allowing transgender men in the women's room. They didn't know what to do. This man was only doing this to demonstrate how absurd this policy is. He wasn't actually a transgender person. But he did what the new policy allows and they couldn't do anything to stop him.

 

Here's a quote from a news story about it:

 

"This didn't seem like a transgender issue to staff – someone who was "identifying" as a woman," Takami wrote in a statement to KING 5. "We have guidelines that allow transgender individuals to use restrooms and locker rooms consistent with their gender identity. We want everyone to feel comfortable in our facilities."

 

Except those women and young girls who are uncomfortable undressing or using the restroom in the presence of a man. Their "comfort" doesn't count. I guess they are just considered to be bigots and will have to get over it.

 

I don't care if the person self-identifies as transgender or not, no man should be in the women's restroom or locker room and no woman should be in the men's restroom or locker room.

 

This is a public safety issue and allowing people to use the opposite sex restroom makes it easier to prey on children and for men to prey on women.

 

Women and children are less safe when we allow transgender people to decide whichever restroom or locker room they want to use at any given time. This is bad policy.

  • Replies 417
  • Views 38.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you not think that people are not using the "wrong" restroom now?? Or that a sign or new law will prevent someone from sneaking into the wrong restroom to commit a crime?? Or are we under the assumption that all transgender folks have evil thoughts or intentions?? Whether a law is written to prevent or allow this, it isn't going to practically change anything. And any law like this is going to put the general public in the position of enforcing it.

 

If a few common sense restrictions can prevent even 1 tragedy then isn't that reason enough?

The current laws do not allow a man to be in the women's restroom. I don't care how it gets reported. It isn't allowed now. The general public is now in the position of "enforcing" it. This is how all laws are enforced. The general public reports a crime when they see it. Yes, if i am in a department store and I see a man go into the women's changing area, I report it to the first store employee I see and I stand outside it to warn anyone who may enter that I think I saw a man go in there.

 

The laws proposed in NC are trying to get ahead of the game because there are those who are already trying to change our current culture to allow for transgender people to use the restroom that does not match their sex. When you ask if I think that "all transgender folks have evil thoughts," you miss the point. I do not think all transgender people are looking for an opportunity to prey on children. But I do think that creating a "right" for transgender people to use the "wrong" restroom provides an opportunity for an evil person (transgender or not transgender) to have access to children in a place that is private and behind closed doors so that there is plenty of opportunity for abuse. I have no idea what percentage of pedophiles are also cross-dressers--again, this is besides the point. But someone who would harm a child won't think twice about donning women's clothes and entering a women's restroom if it means they will have access to a little girl behind closed doors. Allowing transgender people to use the opposite-sex restroom gives the pedophile or sex-offender a ready excuse for being in the restroom or the locker room at the pool. He can just say he is transgender and has a right to be there.

 

This was actually done in Washington state, I believe Seattle. A man went into a women's locker room and undressed. When the facility objected he cited their new rule about allowing transgender men in the women's room. They didn't know what to do. This man was only doing this to demonstrate how absurd this policy is. He wasn't actually a transgender person. But he did what the new policy allows and they couldn't do anything to stop him.

 

Here's a quote from a news story about it:

 

"This didn't seem like a transgender issue to staff – someone who was "identifying" as a woman," Takami wrote in a statement to KING 5. "We have guidelines that allow transgender individuals to use restrooms and locker rooms consistent with their gender identity. We want everyone to feel comfortable in our facilities."

 

Except those women and young girls who are uncomfortable undressing or using the restroom in the presence of a man. Their "comfort" doesn't count. I guess they are just considered to be bigots and will have to get over it.

 

I don't care if the person self-identifies as transgender or not, no man should be in the women's restroom or locker room and no woman should be in the men's restroom or locker room.

 

This is a public safety issue and allowing people to use the opposite sex restroom makes it easier to prey on children and for men to prey on women.

 

Women and children are less safe when we allow transgender people to decide whichever restroom or locker room they want to use at any given time. This is bad policy.

 

Look, I don't necessarily disagree with everything you say concerning social norms. My only point is I don't think writing a specific law one way or the other prevents or even limits the potential for bad things to happen. A sign or a law isn't going to (and in the case of sign's, it hasn't) some random nutcase from cross dressing to gain access or just simply walking into the wrong bathroom.

They have already installed a "family" restroom in most places where you can have a little more privacy. If the trannies are so concerned about it use that one. My lord this country is getting weaker by the day. Transgender restrooms??? Who ever heard the like. SMDH.

 

Ill tell ya one thing it opens up so many avenues for the pervs and if my daughter was to ever be in that situation at a store and I get wind of it, Somebody will be wearing an "donkey" whoopin home with them.

While it wouldn't bother me any to see someone of the opposite sex in the bathroom, I feel public restrooms should be males in one, females in another.

 

If you're a transgender, I feel you should use the one you were born as, until you've had any gender reassignment surgery. If you've had the surgery, then you use the one you identify with after the surgery.

 

I agree 100%

And I hope every politician has a kid in the bathroom that gets visited by some weirdo taking advantage of this and makes it a very unpleasant bathroom break. Maybe then they will understand.

 

Silly boy! Politicians don't have to follow the rules they make for the rest of us!

This issue is so 2016...up is down...right is wrong.

 

I didn't imagine that we would ever be discussing a man's rights to use the woman's locker room, shower room or sharing the bathroom with little girls.

:bag:

The current laws do not allow a man to be in the women's restroom. I don't care how it gets reported. It isn't allowed now. The general public is now in the position of "enforcing" it. This is how all laws are enforced. The general public reports a crime when they see it. Yes, if i am in a department store and I see a man go into the women's changing area, I report it to the first store employee I see and I stand outside it to warn anyone who may enter that I think I saw a man go in there.

 

The laws proposed in NC are trying to get ahead of the game because there are those who are already trying to change our current culture to allow for transgender people to use the restroom that does not match their sex. When you ask if I think that "all transgender folks have evil thoughts," you miss the point. I do not think all transgender people are looking for an opportunity to prey on children. But I do think that creating a "right" for transgender people to use the "wrong" restroom provides an opportunity for an evil person (transgender or not transgender) to have access to children in a place that is private and behind closed doors so that there is plenty of opportunity for abuse. I have no idea what percentage of pedophiles are also cross-dressers--again, this is besides the point. But someone who would harm a child won't think twice about donning women's clothes and entering a women's restroom if it means they will have access to a little girl behind closed doors. Allowing transgender people to use the opposite-sex restroom gives the pedophile or sex-offender a ready excuse for being in the restroom or the locker room at the pool. He can just say he is transgender and has a right to be there.

 

This was actually done in Washington state, I believe Seattle. A man went into a women's locker room and undressed. When the facility objected he cited their new rule about allowing transgender men in the women's room. They didn't know what to do. This man was only doing this to demonstrate how absurd this policy is. He wasn't actually a transgender person. But he did what the new policy allows and they couldn't do anything to stop him.

 

Here's a quote from a news story about it:

 

"This didn't seem like a transgender issue to staff – someone who was "identifying" as a woman," Takami wrote in a statement to KING 5. "We have guidelines that allow transgender individuals to use restrooms and locker rooms consistent with their gender identity. We want everyone to feel comfortable in our facilities."

 

Except those women and young girls who are uncomfortable undressing or using the restroom in the presence of a man. Their "comfort" doesn't count. I guess they are just considered to be bigots and will have to get over it.

 

I don't care if the person self-identifies as transgender or not, no man should be in the women's restroom or locker room and no woman should be in the men's restroom or locker room.

 

This is a public safety issue and allowing people to use the opposite sex restroom makes it easier to prey on children and for men to prey on women.

 

Women and children are less safe when we allow transgender people to decide whichever restroom or locker room they want to use at any given time. This is bad policy.

 

I would like to see how this law how is written. If I go into a stall in a women's bathroom and do my business, what do I get charged with?

The "problem that doesn't exist" is the pretended difficulty of what to do if a person tries to pass themselves off as a member of the opposite sex to enter that sex's bathroom. That is what we have currently since we now expect females to use the women's room and males to use the men's room. Enforcing "bathroom laws" are no different than what the current law stipulates. The proposed laws under discussion are just trying to maintain the status quo--men use the men's room and women use the women's room. Pretty hard to get confused over that. There is no discrimination involved in that approach. The confusion arises when the government tries to step in and engineer social reform. The law enacted by the few states under discussion is an attempt to cut off at the pass the problems that will ensue if the current government gets its way. Why is the dept of transportation involved in this decision--threatening to withhold funds from any state that enacts a law to maintain the status quo? The state dept has enlisted their help, according to the article linked in post 1. It just shows us why we need a change in the Whitehouse and the justice dept.

 

 

 

So if a child is 13 yrs old and of the opposite sex from the parent , do you go in the restroom appropriate to her sex or do you bring her in with you to the men's room? If a parent sees a guy dressed up like a woman going into a restroom that his 13 yr old daughter has already entered, we (because of a changed law and societal standard) have introduced a complication and a potentially problem. Pretty ridiculous to put a child or a parent in this predicament. A 13 yr old girl should not have to share a bathroom with a man. Keep men in the men's room and women in the women's room and you have the least problems possible. Change that and the embarrassing situations multiply and you also start to put kids in dangerous situations. Practically speaking, no one can be kept out of either restroom. Why create a circumstance that favors evil people who will exploit easy access to our children? Again, there is a reason why we currently have separate restrooms distinguished along the lines of sex. This is common sense.

This is common sense. Have her use the Family restroom and lock the door .

I can say this for sure.

If my young girl goes into a girls bathroom and I see a guy go in there, rest assured I am too and will be making sure nothing happens to her as I proceed to tell him what I think about it.

 

If my son goes into a boys bathroom and a woman follows behind. Same as above.

I would like to see how this law how is written. If I go into a stall in a women's bathroom and do my business, what do I get charged with?

 

Good question. And unless your posting guards at the door and checking "equipment" as people go in, nobody will ever get caught and charged. You're naive if you don't think transgendered folks aren't already using the bathroom they identify with every day, and mostly in anonymity with zero issues. If there's a law, it's virtually unenforceable, and in reality, thus, unnecessary. The fears that are being described are based on the assumption that transgenders are more likely to commit sex crimes.

 

School or gym locker rooms are a whole other issue, and a much stickier situation. Especially where there a various states of being dressed (or undressed). Again, the simple fix is to provide an alternative changing area for the transgenders, or for that matter anyone who is uncomfortable getting changed or undressed in front of others. When I was in high school in the 1980's, showering after gym was part of your grade, and every year there were people (both girls and boys) who faced not graduating because they were uncomfortable showering in front of others, even of their own sex.

This issue is so 2016...up is down...right is wrong.

 

I didn't imagine that we would ever be discussing a man's rights to use the woman's locker room, shower room or sharing the bathroom with little girls.

:bag:

 

Totally agree JD. And to think that some people are fighting so hard to allow men to go into women's bathrooms...and to make people who think it is a really stupid out to be bigots. And when the state of NC tries to stop this nonsense, people want to boycott the state. I guess transgender rights trump women's and children's rights...we are living in strange times right now.

This issue is so 2016...up is down...right is wrong.

 

I didn't imagine that we would ever be discussing a man's rights to use the woman's locker room, shower room or sharing the bathroom with little girls.

:bag:

 

Thank you!

 

Good question. And unless your posting guards at the door and checking "equipment" as people go in, nobody will ever get caught and charged. You're naive if you don't think transgendered folks aren't already using the bathroom they identify with every day, and mostly in anonymity with zero issues. If there's a law, it's virtually unenforceable, and in reality, thus, unnecessary. The fears that are being described are based on the assumption that transgenders are more likely to commit sex crimes.

 

School or gym locker rooms are a whole other issue, and a much stickier situation. Especially where there a various states of being dressed (or undressed). Again, the simple fix is to provide an alternative changing area for the transgenders, or for that matter anyone who is uncomfortable getting changed or undressed in front of others. When I was in high school in the 1980's, showering after gym was part of your grade, and every year there were people (both girls and boys) who faced not graduating because they were uncomfortable showering in front of others, even of their own sex.

 

Right now the thought of being arrested for voyeurism or some other sex related offense keeps this from happening very often. If men are allowed to go into the ladies room as a matter of law this barrier will be gone. I would predict that incidences of abuse will go up.

 

You wrote: The fears that are being described are based on the assumption that transgenders are more likely to commit sex crimes.

 

No, as I already explained, sex offenders will just use the opportunity provided by the transgender-friendly laws to dress up and gain access to the women's restroom. Assuming that transgenders are more likely to commit sex crimes is not necessary to this view.

 

I am satisfied if schools/public facilities provide a private dressing area for transgender people or others who are so inclined, as you suggest.

 

But the rule to be followed is men in the men's room and women in the women's room. A person's sex is determined by the sex organs not how one perceives oneself.

Thank you!

 

 

 

Right now the thought of being arrested for voyeurism or some other sex related offense keeps this from happening very often. If men are allowed to go into the ladies room as a matter of law this barrier will be gone. I would predict that incidences of abuse will go up.

 

You wrote: The fears that are being described are based on the assumption that transgenders are more likely to commit sex crimes.

 

No, as I already explained, sex offenders will just use the opportunity provided by the transgender-friendly laws to dress up and gain access to the women's restroom. Assuming that transgenders are more likely to commit sex crimes is not necessary to this view. .

 

I am satisfied if schools/public facilities provide a private dressing area for transgender people or others who are so inclined, as you suggest.

 

But the rule to be followed is men in the men's room and women in the women's room. A person's sex is determined by the sex organs not how one perceives oneself.

 

There is nothing stopping sex offender right now from dressing up as a women and going into a bathroom and committing a crime. And a law won't stop them from doing it tomorrow, and a law doesn't make us any better at stopping that behavior. And regardless of any law on the books or being proposed, there is nothing that prevents a sex offender from using the correct bathroom and committing a crime.

If it's laws we need, then let's first do something about dark alleys and parking garages where many more sexual assaults take place.

 

We are creating an issue that doesn't need fixing from its current state. We don't need a law. We just need more places to get on board with providing an alternative for those who are more comfortable using it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.