Hey CovCath Fans................

You can still only play 11 at a time. I'd say at least 1/2 those kids have no business on a football field. They just won a title, now guys are coming out of the woodwork to play football. I feel it's safe to say there's more than 1 kid in that bunch who has never played a down in his life.

You can still only play 11 at a time. I'd say at least 1/2 those kids have no business on a football field. They just won a title, now guys are coming out of the woodwork to play football. I feel it's safe to say there's more than 1 kid in that bunch who has never played a down in his life.

They would've crushed any KY team last season and would do the same this year.

Don't know. They usually have 2 Frosh teams so if it 50 Frosh and 122 in 10-12 grade that isn't too bad, but if it is 177 in 10-12 ouch.

Fumble once and go to 17th position on the running back depth chart:banana:

Actually, this number isn't that large, for grades 9-12. X has two freshman teams because they usually have between 80 and 90 freshman come out. Many of them will never see the field, and they'll go on with other endeavors.

Grades 10-12 usually produce between 80-90 kids. May be closer to 100 than 80 this year, coming off a state title.

I hope so. Cincy St. X has every advantage in the world except you nearly have to be a rocket scientist to get in.

But the advantage is shrinking.

Other Cincinnati Catholic High Schools will no longer be held to districts (St. X never was as a Jesuit academically enhanced school hence their advantage) because the Archdiocese is concerned about the decline in enrollment due to cost and actual location of the schools.

So while OHSAA recruiting rules still apply Moeller, Elder, LaSalle etc. can now accept students from any location in Ohio.

Actually, this number isn't that large, for grades 9-12. X has two freshman teams because they usually have between 80 and 90 freshman come out. Many of them will never see the field, and they'll go on with other endeavors.

Grades 10-12 usually produce between 80-90 kids. May be closer to 100 than 80 this year, coming off a state title.

Actually, grades 11 and 12 usuall produce about 90 players. Not many SOPHS dress varsity at schools like X or Elder.