Track the USL 2016

Getslow

Fun week for Lou City. Dropped a game to a team seven spots behind in the standings on Saturday by giving up two goals in stoppage time.

Then yesterday news broke that top club executive Wayne Estopinal has been forced out of that chair by a majority of the investment group and no one really knows why. Lots of speculation that they believe things are moving too slowly as far as revenue. Immediately threw the supporters groups into a frenzy, worried about the team's future.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun week for Lou City. Dropped a game to a team seven spots behind in the standings on Saturday by giving up two goals in stoppage time.

Then yesterday news broke that top club executive Wayne Estopinal has been forced out of that chair by a majority of the investment group and no one really knows why. Lots of speculation that they believe things are moving too slowly as far as revenue. Immediately threw the supporters groups into a frenzy, worried about the team's future.

That is no good

USL is expanding at an insane pace. I think they're less concerned with making a viable future for the league than driving NASL out of any other markets. Between the USL trying to expand into markets without pro teams and NASL weirdly concerned with stealing markets from MLS (San Francisco Deltas begin play next year and there's talk of starting a team in the city of Chicago to try and steal attention from the hapless Fire who moved out to the distant suburbs.), there's a really strange fight happening.

If USL gets going in San Diego, Cleveland, and Baltimore before NASL even looks up, it'll be an interesting moment for our Tier II league.

Seriously, your center backs are not good.

They've been very mediocre, but I at least understand that given the 4-2-3-1 with a high line, the other side is going to get chances. What's killing me is that Louisville is having games where they dominate possession, get 18 chances and come up with maybe one goal to show for it.

Fondy and Burke made everything look so easy last year. Chandler Hoffman and the new outside backs just don't have it. I'm to the point where Coach O'Connor needs to figure some things out.

It's time to figure out a Best XI and go with it. We need consistency.

Seriously, your center backs are not good.

Another golden one last night.

Sean Reynolds, memorable for being the guy that got two yellows in that first Louisville/FCC match, let the Rochester strike slip past him on a long ball and he put it home.

Luckily got one back, but yet another home draw for Louisville. At this point, I'd rather they play all their games on the road.

Every since Friday I have been waiting for today and the FCC match, only to find out only a couple of hours ago that the match is next Wednesday :(

We haven't had a home match in about a month :(

I know the feeling. I found out on Monday that I'm going to miss Louisville's August 27 home game against Bethlehem Steel, which was going to be my last of the regular season because I'll be out of town at two different weddings for the Sept. 10 and Sept. 24 home games.

Then again, if Lou City continues on this recent run of poor form, I might just be glad I missed them.

MASSIVE game for Louisville on Friday night against the Baby Red Bulls up in New Jersey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's the final run-in, everybody. Two weeks left in the season.

NYRB II has clinched the season title with the best record in either conference. They'll be the top seed in the playoffs.

Louisville sitting in second place with two to play and have a seven-point lead on FC Cincinnati, which has three to play. Louisville needs a win against either Charlotte or St. Louis to cinch the two seed.

Charlotte is right behind FCC but with a much tougher final stretch with three games against playoff teams, while FCC has two against Pittsburgh and one against Orlando City B.

The top teams in the East have been so dominant that if current standings hold, any one of the top three teams in the East would host the championship game if they made it.

Eastern Conference Points per Game Standings as of 9/13:

Some teams have only two games left to play, others have three.

Team -- Points/Games Played -- PPG

1) New York Red Bulls II - 63/28 - 2.25

2) Louisville City FC - 56/28 - 2.00

3) FC Cincinnati - 49/27 - 1.81

4) Charlotte Independence - 48/27 - 1.78

5) Richmond Kickers - 44/27 - 1.63

6) Rochester Rhinos - 45/28 - 1.61 (+11 goal diff.)

7) Charleston Battery - 45/28 - 1.61 (+5 goal diff.)

8) Orlando City B - 32/28 - 1.14

So if the playoffs started today:

Orlando City B at New York Red Bulls II

Richmond Kickers at Charlotte Independence

Charleston Battery at Louisville City FC

Rochester Rhinos at FC Cincinnati

Still could be a ton of movement, especially in those 4-7 spots. I could include the No. 3 spot in this, but FCC's remaining schedule looks to be something of cakewalk and I'm assuming they'll get the points necessary to finish in that spot with two against the Riverhounds.