Track the USL 2016

Getslow

After last night's games Louisville and Cincinnati are first and second in the overall points standings (but have played more games than anyone else).

Louisville just finished up a stretch of four games in 13 days. Now have nine days off before the first Kings' Cup game against St. Louis on the 14th.

Louisville and Cincinnati next meet on June 25 at Slugger Field in Louisville.

Who is that guy for Louisville getting a goal a game?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is that guy for Louisville getting a goal a game?

Chandler Hoffman. Two seasons ago he played for Houston Dynamo but never stayed on. Miss your window in MLS and you're on the bench and then out the door pretty quick. Like our main scorer last season, sometimes in MLS it's just a matter of a guy not having the kind of speed they want up top.

But he's in the right places all the time and can be a real terror when the opposition is letting Louisville get up the wings freely and so the service is consistent.

Read that MLS is starting to take notice of the massive attendance numbers for FC Cincinnati. Sounds like they're starting to get some mention as a possible expansion location.

Sounds like it might be quite a lot to make that jump. I've heard they need the following:

$100 million paid over x number of years (couldn't remember how man)

Their own arena

And I don't remember the third, but I think it was an average attendance but I don't know what amount.

However, there a lot of bigger names tied to it besides just Lindner. I believe the Browns & Castellini's both also have a stake in FC Cincinnati according to my info.

Week 8 already. PPG standings:

1) Rochester Rhinos: 2.17

2) Louisville City: 2.13

3) NY Red Bull II: 2.0 (ahead on goal differential)

4) Charlotte Independence: 2.0

5) Richmond Kickers: 1.85

6) FC Cincinnati: 1.75

7) Charleston Battery: 1.5

8) Bethlehem Steel: 1.29

Rochester has only played six games (most have played eight at this point), so if they win both games they have in hand, they'll rocket to the top not only of the points standings but also be squarely in command of these ppg standings. The unbalanced schedule leaves a lot to be desired when trying to find out who's actually the best.

The West is even crazier, with LA Galaxy seemingly dominating the overall points standings, but the two teams right behind them have both played three fewer games. They're ahead on ppg but five full points behind in the regular standings.

I am looking forward to the FCC game at Louisville City and meet up with some BGP members like Getslow. On a side note, Randy said he has a package to give to you. I'm not sure what it is but it may be a clock, as I hear it ticking.

But yeah, looking forward to the next two games this year with Louisville

Thanks to Louisville City's 2-0 win over Kings' Cup rivals Saint Louis -- and draws by Rochester, Charlotte and NY Red Bulls -- Louisville now a full game up in first with 20 points. Cincinnati and Charlotte on their heels in East with 17 points each.

After next weekend we'll already be a third of the way through the season.

Unreal, Lou City and FCC at the top in their first years. First year for FCC and second for Lou City.

I'm excited but some of it is a little worrying. No one's ever seen the complete numbers but I know the financial arrangement between Lou City and Slugger Field is less than ideal. Frankly I don't know where the money is coming from.

There are a couple teams in the league -- most notably Rochester -- that are cautionary tales for what happens when you try to build something around the promise of MLS and it fails. I want to win titles and build a winner, but I really hope the team is on solid financial ground and not overspending today with the MLS pipe dream in the back of their minds.

Cincinnati is a big enough city that they've got a real shot, but for Louisville and the bulk of the other independent teams in the league, I hope they're focused on building something real in USL and not selling out their futures looking for scraps from Don Garber's table.

Sorry to any FCC fans that were planning to watch the game this weekend on YouTube. Match postponement... welcome to the USL. Charlotte was a complete mess last year and it's actually nice to hear that hasn't changed.

Last season their own fans couldn't come to games because they used about four different stadiums for home games. Now they've finally got a permanent home and it's a mess.

Cincinnati is a big enough city that they've got a real shot, but for Louisville and the bulk of the other independent teams in the league, I hope they're focused on building something real in USL and not selling out their futures looking for scraps from Don Garber's table.

I don't know much about Louisville's team, but the names that are backing FC Cincinnati are what help give them a real shot as well. Obviously Lindner is a big name, but I've been told that the Brown's and Castellini's are also more silent partners of FC Cincinnati. If that's really true, that's a pretty strong trio.

I don't know much about Louisville's team, but the names that are backing FC Cincinnati are what help give them a real shot as well. Obviously Lindner is a big name, but I've been told that the Brown's and Castellini's are also more silent partners of FC Cincinnati. If that's really true, that's a pretty strong trio.

It's worth noting that I view the MLS as an outdated relic of the 1990s and hate everything it represents in the modern American soccer landscape, but if I was going to make a pitch for MLS, Cincinnati's is exactly how I'd do it. Billionaire investors with no problem getting together that $100 million expansion fee, the connections to get a soccer-specific stadium built, marketing on a scale I've never seen in the USL to grab attention and put butts in the seats. It's been impressive. Horrifying at times to an outsider, but impressive.

It's worth noting that I view the MLS as an outdated relic of the 1990s and hate everything it represents in the modern American soccer landscape, but if I was going to make a pitch for MLS, Cincinnati's is exactly how I'd do it. Billionaire investors with no problem getting together that $100 million expansion fee, the connections to get a soccer-specific stadium built, marketing on a scale I've never seen in the USL to grab attention and put butts in the seats. It's been impressive. Horrifying at times to an outsider, but impressive.

Yeah, I don't know much about starting a franchise, but they certainly seem to be doing it right. Unfortunately I still haven't made it to a game yet, but I enjoy following it!

Yeah, I don't know much about starting a franchise, but they certainly seem to be doing it right. Unfortunately I still haven't made it to a game yet, but I enjoy following it!

I watched the Louisville game up there and it looks great on screen. By an irritating coincidence of scheduling I have other obligations on the days of the two Louisville City games up at Nippert or I'd have been there, no question. Alas, the nephew's baptism and a dear friend's bachelor party in Chicago take precedence. Maybe next season.