LexCath vs PRP

GusMcRae

It was pretty evenly matched from what I saw. PRP ran the ball pretty good. Catholic adjusted later to the run. They got burned on a couple of passes but the starting corner was out due to baseball.

It was pretty evenly matched from what I saw. PRP ran the ball pretty good. Catholic adjusted later to the run. They got burned on a couple of passes but the starting corner was out due to baseball.

I know it doesn't mean much but what was the score?

The scrimmage was split into several parts. I think for the first part each team ran several plays (10?) in a row without any down markers. PRP scored one Td on a nice pass from 15 to 44. LexCath didn't score. The second part was more like a regular quarter and each team scored a TD. The third was played by JVs mostly and Catholic scores a field goal when I left. PRP looked very good early and seemed to be more crisp and excited. LexCath started slow but seemed to gain momentum as the scrimmage went on. They at first mostly ran the ball somewhat effectively but didn't score. Catholic really became more effective in the second part of the scrimmage when they played their usual offense with lots of shotgun and draws. Tyler Hancock is no Justin Burke but he seemed very effective once he got his rythym. PRP had several studs, the quarterback, 40, and especially 44. PRP scored more but this scrimmage was pretty even.

there is defintly work needed on the right side of the kinghts line if they hope to have a shot at st x and scott co there were times on defense when players quite before the play was over which wont work against st x ether but this we be worked on i believe by coach letton and the staff. The offense looked a little differnt with a new offense cord but good luck for the rest of the season