Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What will Mitt Romney speech say?

Featured Replies

 

Even with a very weak HRC candidate for the Dems, she is going to landslide the election. Many on here called for a change in the Republican Party after the Obama landslide in 2012. Those changes were to be more inclusive and understanding of diverse cultures and ways of thinking and solving problems.

 

Many R leaders called for the changes, recognizing the demographic need to expand the R base, specifically with black, hispanic, and women voters. But they can't, just are not able to do it because of their base (or a wing of it). Trump is getting anywhere from 30 to 40 percent pretty consistently. And a large portion of his supporters are racists and motivated by fear/dislike/hatred of other people not like them. I highlighted "portion" because it is not all of course. So if the R party were to try to do something to be more inclusive, they would lose that 30 to 40 percent. R used this to their benefit when it made sense in a demographic way, but now are absolutely drowning because they can't cut this weight from themselves.

  • Replies 190
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many R leaders called for the changes, recognizing the demographic need to expand the R base, specifically with black, hispanic, and women voters. But they can't, just are not able to do it because of their base (or a wing of it). Trump is getting anywhere from 30 to 40 percent pretty consistently. And a large portion of his supporters are racists and motivated by fear/dislike/hatred of other people not like them. I highlighted "portion" because it is not all of course. So if the R party were to try to do something to be more inclusive, they would lose that 30 to 40 percent. R used this to their benefit when it made sense in a demographic way, but now are absolutely drowning because they can't cut this weight from themselves.

 

Odd you should say this.

 

Watched a few of the Sunday talk shows yesterday and the establishment Repubs are saying that Trump is too liberal. Rush even said Trump was being more inclusive than the establishment guys.

Odd you should say this.

 

Watched a few of the Sunday talk shows yesterday and the establishment Repubs are saying that Trump is too liberal. Rush even said Trump was being more inclusive than the establishment guys.

 

This is what the gop and the dems both are " Trumps a liberal" saying.

 

I'm more confused than ever. Since HRC will win in a landslide I'm not really sure why it matters.

I don't know what contortions you'd have to twist yourself into to find someone who wants to effectively ban a religion, deport ten million people, build a giant wall to keep them out, laments he can't punch people at his rallies, finds people who hear out BLM to be "weak" (but needed some time to contemplate his stance on David Duke and the KKK), wants to murder the families of suspected terrorists, and blames tough questions from a woman on her menstrual cycle to be liberal or inclusive. And that's just off the top of my head.

Edited by Habib

I don't know what contortions you'd have to twist yourself into to find someone who wants to effectively ban a religion, deport ten million people, build a giant wall to keep them out, laments he can't punch people at his rallies, finds people who hear out BLM to be "weak" (but needed some time to contemplate his stance on David Duke and the KKK), wants to murder the families of suspected terrorists, and blames tough questions from a woman on her menstrual cycle to be liberal or inclusive. And that's just off the top of my head.

 

Agree on all counts.

 

But those stances apparently play well with many.

Agree on all counts.

 

But those stances apparently play well with many.

 

Was discussing the whole "Trump-appeal" this weekend with my younger brother. One of the most conservative individuals I know. As he put it, Trump gets the vast majority of his support from 3 major groups: the uneducated, the unintelligent, and the racist. I'd say he's pretty much spot on.

Was discussing the whole "Trump-appeal" this weekend with my younger brother. One of the most conservative individuals I know. As he put it, Trump gets the vast majority of his support from 3 major groups: the uneducated, the unintelligent, and the racist. I'd say he's pretty much spot on.
I am not sure if "vast majority" is correct (might be), but the demographic you describe is probably drawn towards Trump. And what Trump knows is that America is filled with a multitude of these individuals and he is savvy enough to tap into it.
Was discussing the whole "Trump-appeal" this weekend with my younger brother. One of the most conservative individuals I know. As he put it, Trump gets the vast majority of his support from 3 major groups: the uneducated, the unintelligent, and the racist. I'd say he's pretty much spot on.

 

I'd say so too.

  • Author

Romney calling states in behalf or Rubio.

Enlighten me on where your brother gets his numbers to support this,

Was discussing the whole "Trump-appeal" this weekend with my younger brother. One of the most conservative individuals I know. As he put it, Trump gets the vast majority of his support from 3 major groups: the uneducated, the unintelligent, and the racist. I'd say he's pretty much spot on.

What an opinionated, sanctimonious and self righteous post. The uneducated, unintelligent Americans you speak of so scurrilously, who came to this country, IS who built this country. It's a wonder that you haven't looked upon us to say, and to quote Marie Antoinette " Let them eat cake." There are Americans all across the nation who are struggling to pay for food, clothing, shelter and insurance. And the elitist Politicians in Washington are clueless. You and your brother included, with your attitude of Trump supporters. For all of your perceived knowledge about who to elect President, you and your brother don't know :poop:. I am neither uneducated, unintelligent nor racist but I know an obnoxious opinion when I read one. What gives you the right to look down your nose at people ? My husband and I owned a business for nearly 50 years, raised our children, put them through college, paid for our home, saved for retirement, have a mutual fund portfolio and owe no one, not one penny. So no you are not spot on and neither was he. And I for one am tired of BGP posts like yours who insult decent upstanding citizens just because we choose not to vote for your person.

  • Author
What an opinionated, sanctimonious and self righteous post. The uneducated, unintelligent Americans you speak of so scurrilously, who came to this country, IS who built this country. It's a wonder that you haven't looked upon us to say, and to quote Marie Antoinette " Let them eat cake." There are Americans all across the nation who are struggling to pay for food, clothing, shelter and insurance. And the elitist Politicians in Washington are clueless. You and your brother included, with your attitude of Trump supporters. For all of your perceived knowledge about who to elect President, you and your brother don't know :poop:. I am neither uneducated, unintelligent nor racist but I know an obnoxious opinion when I read one. What gives you the right to look down your nose at people ? My husband and I owned a business for nearly 50 years, raised our children, put them through college, paid for our home, saved for retirement, have a mutual fund portfolio and owe no one, not one penny. So no you are not spot on and neither was he. And I for one am tired of BGP posts like yours who insult decent upstanding citizens just because we choose not to vote for your person.

 

Amen

It's the liberal way to insult and expect others to take it because they feel entitled

What an opinionated, sanctimonious and self righteous post. The uneducated, unintelligent Americans you speak of so scurrilously, who came to this country, IS who built this country. It's a wonder that you haven't looked upon us to say, and to quote Marie Antoinette " Let them eat cake." There are Americans all across the nation who are struggling to pay for food, clothing, shelter and insurance. And the elitist Politicians in Washington are clueless. You and your brother included, with your attitude of Trump supporters. For all of your perceived knowledge about who to elect President, you and your brother don't know :poop:. I am neither uneducated, unintelligent nor racist but I know an obnoxious opinion when I read one. What gives you the right to look down your nose at people ? My husband and I owned a business for nearly 50 years, raised our children, put them through college, paid for our home, saved for retirement, have a mutual fund portfolio and owe no one, not one penny. So no you are not spot on and neither was he. And I for one am tired of BGP posts like yours who insult decent upstanding citizens just because we choose not to vote for your person.

 

Double Amen. Could not have said it better myself.

What an opinionated, sanctimonious and self righteous post. The uneducated, unintelligent Americans you speak of so scurrilously, who came to this country, IS who built this country. It's a wonder that you haven't looked upon us to say, and to quote Marie Antoinette " Let them eat cake." There are Americans all across the nation who are struggling to pay for food, clothing, shelter and insurance. And the elitist Politicians in Washington are clueless. You and your brother included, with your attitude of Trump supporters. For all of your perceived knowledge about who to elect President, you and your brother don't know :poop:. I am neither uneducated, unintelligent nor racist but I know an obnoxious opinion when I read one. What gives you the right to look down your nose at people ? My husband and I owned a business for nearly 50 years, raised our children, put them through college, paid for our home, saved for retirement, have a mutual fund portfolio and owe no one, not one penny. So no you are not spot on and neither was he. And I for one am tired of BGP posts like yours who insult decent upstanding citizens just because we choose not to vote for your person.

 

Very good post. I am college educated (graduated Summa C.. Laude), have always had a good job, and don't owe a nickel to anyone. I have not had any type of loan for over 10 years (mortgage included). I am at least open to Trump and am becoming more so due to the way he is being treated by the media and the R establishment. To say that Trump voters are all ignorant, racist and uneducated is extremely insulting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.