March 20, 201610 yr What common sense folks are saying is...... If Trump comes in with 1120 and the next candidate as 600, then Trump should get the nomination. Ole Curly is not the face the GOP needs right now. I heard is comments and just smh. For you lefties that can't understand why anyone would vote for Mr Trump, just give ole Curly a listen. I think its self explanatory. I don't agree with that. If he doesn't win enough delegates, then it is the job of the delegates to nominate the candidate who will win in the fall. If the delegates don't think Trump can win, they should not nominate him. Who knows what would have happened with the delegate counts if the candidate slates were different? What if there were only 4 running from the start? What if it was Christie, Trump, Cruz and Rubio? What would the delegate counts be? I think very different and I think Trumps number would be lower, but who knows. And that is the message of what Curly was saying. He just said it in a very bad way.
March 20, 201610 yr Jess, you may be the first person on here who has allowed a few BGPers to change your stance.:lol2: My stance has always been to vote Republican whoever the nominee was. Now I am going Trump cause I will not stand by and watch someone get it stuck to them. Plus all the crap I hear on here has finally pushed me over the edge. :lol2:
March 20, 201610 yr My stance has always been to vote Republican whoever the nominee was. Now I am going Trump cause I will not stand by and watch someone get it stuck to them. Plus all the crap I hear on here has finally pushed me over the edge. :lol2: You're way too easy.:thumb:
March 20, 201610 yr We lament that both parties are obstructionist, but how can they be otherwise? How can we expect our elected representation to be anything different than what we present ourselves to be? It's just time, people, to stop this insanity and begin to work together. What will destroy our country isn't illegal immigration, Obamacare, 2nd Amendment rights or the economy. What will destroy our country is the inability to work together to forge a new path that encompasses solutions that work for all. Some things from both sides will have to be tabled, or modified to do that. It's called compromise. And that is what is needed to move past the quagmire we have become. This. Unfortunately, I don't see it getting any better. In the microcosm that is the BGP political forum, in the Commonwealth, or in the nation. Sad all the way around. But wait a minute. We've got a candidate that will make America great again. All is well! All is well!
March 20, 201610 yr Author I'm just going to go on a rant here, and I'm wholly unapologetic about it. The inferences that people who do not support Trump (most recent) or the RNC platform in general are lazy, shiftless, naive, wanting a hand out, unable to think critically...well, the list goes on and on and I'm done with it. I can only speak for myself, as one who not only does not support Trump, but belongs to neither the Republican nor Democratic party. I will not be so presumptous as to try and speak for all the others out there who don't support Trump, and/or do not belong to the Republican party or Democratic party. This is just my frustration I'm expressing. I am moderately successful as a result of my own resourcefulness. But that doesn't mean that I don't understand the viewpoint or circumstances that can land people in situations where they need social aid. I was born in the good old U S of A, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize the plight of people seeking refuge and understand the difference between a refugee and an immigrant. I also can recognize that while illegal immigration is an important issue, the resolution requires a compassionate approach. I'm not trying to tell anyone else how to make their choice. I am not blind to the issues, nor am I a "follower". I am at the point that I now take great umbrage at the constant negative, snide comments used to describe those of us who don't fall into line with the BGP majority way of thinking. This is the third or fourth draft of this post. I've had to revise it because I want it to be abundantly clear that I'm only speaking for myself. I cannot possibly express how distressed I am these days at the tone of the conversations on BGP in this forum. Please, please stop with hyperbole and pigeon holing. Let's return to the time when we actually had conversations and we allowed the thoughts of all to be considered without the constant snide, snarky and ugly attacks. Let's just try to do what we WANT our elected officials to do...discuss with the goal of understanding the other side. We lament that both parties are obstructionist, but how can they be otherwise? How can we expect our elected representation to be anything different than what we present ourselves to be? It's just time, people, to stop this insanity and begin to work together. What will destroy our country isn't illegal immigration, Obamacare, 2nd Amendment rights or the economy. What will destroy our country is the inability to work together to forge a new path that encompasses solutions that work for all. Some things from both sides will have to be tabled, or modified to do that. It's called compromise. And that is what is needed to move past the quagmire we have become. A well thought out and great post, as usual. But if I may I would like to add a little of my opinion with yours. I don't think everyone who is against Trump is a bad person, just as I know not everyone who is for Trump is some so called racist or unintelligent as we have read on here so many times. I don't think immigration, Obama Care, etc is the only problems we have and getting rid of each won't cure our problems in America. You say we need compromise from each side. Well so far we haven't ever gotten it and the current way it's going we won't. The only person I hear talking of compromise and negotiating is Donald Trump. I can not and will not let someone on this site just go on and on about how everything is this and that when I know and feel it isn't. No way we can have good discussions on here, everyone is too set in their ways and opinions. And finally I too was born in the great USA, when we cheered against Russia, feared nuclear war, used 8 tracks and record players, etc, etc, etc. I also grew up knowing what hard work was, taught to say thanks and how and when to say no thanks. I was taught it's better to work and have self dignity than to be on welfare. I was an idiot to believe in the "Hope and Change" from Obama. I should have seen he was no different than any other Politician I have known since the words "read my lips, no new taxes" came from Daddy Bush. We have people for Hillary, why. I means she is everything that is wrong with DC. She is a bigger con and liar who cares for her own things more than she cares for America. She don't care for America, she just wants the power and ability to make money. America has become a give me something for free country. Why else does all of these moms send their kids thousands of miles away to reap the benefits. They know we won't send them back. They know that the Dems will allow families to be united which means here comes the whole family to get free stuff. All for VOTES, not because they care. I'm tired of all the political correctness from the left. I'm tired of these established rich republicans trying to tell me who I should vote for and how they are trying to destroy Trumps chance at being Pres. That tells me he is who I want because they are scared of him. I'm tired of being robbed as a middle class worker. I'm tired of taking my kid to the ER and getting a bill when others on the free ride plan don't. I'm tired of working to pay for food when it's just given to others out of my check. I'm tired of paying house payments when others get it free from my check. I'm tired of buying food and watching someone use a free food card buy 50 cases of Mountain Dew to go sell for drugs or cigarettes. I understand people need help, but we can't help the whole of South Amercia and Mexico by destroying the middle class by making us pay for it. And finally I'm tired of hearing how politicians act like they know how we live. They don't have house payments, or have to worry about Turning the electric down to save money, or worry about paying for gas, or going on vacation, or skimping for money to buy presents. NO they don't know how that works. People like Clinton, Bush, Reid, McConnell, Obama, Pelosi, Romney, Kerry. They are filthy rich and are only going to get richer with the way things are going. I think Trump will do better than what we have had and at least he does give me what I haven't had in along time, hope and excitement.
March 20, 201610 yr You're way too easy.:thumb: Well for some of you to hate Trump the way you do, you sure are making it hard not to root for him. He will get alot of votes just based on how he is being treated.
March 20, 201610 yr As for our country, like @rockmom @mountain ref I was born in the USA. I too know what basically growing up in a family who did not hand to me on a silver platter. Ive had to work hard all my life. Ive said many times over the past year since I starting venturing into this and the political forum that if we dont change the course we are on our country will split. I know what history says about other countries that go down the road we are headed. The problems we face are alot. Im a Christian and I believe the Bible. I get ridiculed for believing in the fairy tale in the sky by some on here and its ok. Our country has for the most part forsaken what made us great( to take a word from the most hated Presidential candidate) and for that reason God is gonna judge us as a nation. When we kill innocent babies, support things that God calls a abomination, and snuff our nose at a all powerful creator, trouble is headed our way in a variety of ways. Now you can believe this or not, but that does not change the truth. We as a country give give and give. Which of you if you were operating your own home or business like our country is being run? We are so much $$$ down, yet we keep borrowing to survive and keep giving it away to other countries all in the name of help. At some point we have to fix our country. Im tired of that. This wont work. There is not a lick of common sense that says it will. I dont need some economist to tell me anything that some simple addition and subtraction will cure. There is a reason the Dems want the border open. Its not all Freedom and if some of you still believe that then you are the blind leading the blind. This, like Mountain Ref says is not a Dem or Rep problem. They are both the problem. Both are power and money hungry. Control control control. You see it all comes back to this. America has a heart problem. And if we dont fix this, there wont be a America as we know it now in 30 years or sooner.
March 20, 201610 yr Well for some of you to hate Trump the way you do, you sure are making it hard not to root for him. He will get alot of votes just based on how he is being treated. That's cool. But the next time a billionaire politician gets my sympathy vote will be the first.:thumb:
March 20, 201610 yr Ref, I liked your post. :thumb: I don't like everything it said, but it was sincere and laid down your beliefs without denigrating anyone else. Surprisingly, you would find we lefties have some of the same concerns. We don't appreciate the fact we have so many on the endless cycle of handouts nor do we approve of the way that anybody in Washington has attempted to solve America's problem of the disappearing middle class. IMO, we all can agree on that. (FWIW, I believe 40 years of stagnant wages has killed the middle class. Taxes fluctuate , but wages don't and that is the fault of the private sector that treats its middle class workers like mushrooms!)
March 20, 201610 yr That's cool. But the next time a billionaire politician gets my sympathy vote will be the first.:thumb: He is not getting my sympathy vote. If he is the nominee he will get it because of these reasons. 1. I will never vote for a Dem based on morality issues as the Dem party platform currently supports. 2. Trump as bad as I dont like some of the brashness he exudes cant be bought by either party and whether you or anyone else admits this, its causing great terror in both parties and that tells me alot. 3. I wish I had the perfect candidate to vote for. Thats not gonna happen for any of us. 4. I agree we need to come together. Im all for it. Who else believes that?
March 22, 201610 yr Author I have an idea on how to shut me up. Take the illegal immigrant, ship them back and give me their FREE health care, FREE food card, FREE phone, and I will stop. I will actually settle for just the FREE HEATH CARE.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.