Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What will Mitt Romney speech say?

Featured Replies

^And that's the clown that people want to be President. Inappropriate, vulgar, crude, unprofessional. And his popularity soars. Just shows the sad state of the individuals that make up the Republican party IMO.

  • Replies 190
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before I pay homage with my comments to Mt.Ref, can anyone tell me how long is a mandatory timeout?

 

:popcorn:

Before I pay homage with my comments to Mt.Ref, can anyone tell me how long is a mandatory timeout?

 

Depends...:D :popcorn:

I've been arguing the GOP has needed to go through this since 2008. They've gotten away with winning Congressional elections with obstructionism, but without a serious programmatic alternative to the Democrats they aren't going to win presidential elections. McConnell et al's scorched earth approach to opposing Obama has greased the skids for both Trump and Cruz.

 

After Trump blows up the party, they are either going to re-group as a serious, issue-minded party or solidify their devolution into a right-wing populist party.

 

You might be right. However obstructionism is a trait of both teams, yet the Dems have their guy as king with the advantage of "executive order" which he uses well. If the GOP undermines this Trump phenomena, which they themselves help create, it will leave a nasty taste in this guy's mouth. Trump will definitely run as an Independent and it'll be curtains for the GOP for a LONG time. You dance with the date you brought to the party and you see that date home. You don't take them to the party, see someone prettier and then dump your date. It's just not right.

The thing is if they go the brokered convention route, it will hurt the R's in House and Senate races. The R primary vote count is WAY above the D primary vote count. That is a huge deal and is mainly BECAUSE OF TRUMP. If they go out of their way to screw Trump, his followers are loyal and will NOT vote for any R's in November. The R establishment has not known what to do with Trump since day one and continues act like total idiots...

 

So good capt278 I'll repost it now, wish it was 1000 times also. I've always been a split party voter, vote the person not party. I just know this is not the right way for any party to treat a candidate even if I haven't made up my mind. There are still so many candidates in this election including Bernie, who they treat as an after thought.

So good capt278 I'll repost it now, wish it was 1000 times also. I've always been a split party voter, vote the person not party. I just know this is not the right way for any party to treat a candidate even if I haven't made up my mind. There are still so many candidates in this election including Bernie, who they treat as an after thought.

 

I agree with everything you posted except that Bernie needs to be an afterthought in my opinion.

^And that's the clown that people want to be President. Inappropriate, vulgar, crude, unprofessional. And his popularity soars. Just shows the sad state of the individuals that make up the Republican party IMO.

 

I think it says more about his competition than the people that are voting for him. IMO

I agree with everything you posted except that Bernie needs to be an afterthought in my opinion.

Just being nice to another candidate getting treated badly by his party, it is not right!

I think it says more about his competition than the people that are voting for him. IMO

 

Maybe so, but I think it says quite a bit about both really.

Any chance Trump would pick Johnson as running mate or some Cabinet position?

 

No.

:popcorn:

 

More popcorn ? Did you guys read I gave up popcorn for Lent? Sneaky way to work that into an election issue. :thumb:

So popcorn eating smiley face " How long." Before I say it?

 

Not sure. I'd love to read it, but probably better suited to take a few deep breaths and refrain from posting it.

Think about that for a second. The GOP has known they'd be going against Hillary this cycle, someone they hate, and they're willing to sabotage their own candidate, thus giving her the Presidency, rather than have Trump as a possibility. If that doesn't tell you how scary the idea of Trump is, I don't know what will.

 

Agreed. I've said it before that a Trump win sets the GOP back many years while a Hillary win will end up helping the GOP in the long term. Think Jimmy Carter. Coming off the Nixon fiasco the Dems were poised to dominate politics. It only took 4 years for Jimmy to save the republicans and sink the democrats.

Before I pay homage with my comments to Mt.Ref, can anyone tell me how long is a mandatory timeout?

 

Unfortunately I just came back from a short timeout, so I now have an understanding of how the process works. Here's ya a link. I would recommend avoiding timeout all together though.

 

http://bluegrasspreps.com/terms-info.html

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.