Manziel out in Cleveland

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even LeBron's agency dropped him, prior to his last two announcements. If Tom Brady acted like Manziel he'd have 24x7 security to prevent these types of things from hitting the media. Brady has talent. Manziel does not. He's a one trick QB with less than average arm strength and no size. His biggest weakness is what's between his ears.

Would be interesting to see how many of Johnny's "posse" sticks with him when the $$'s dry up?

No money is drying up. The kid was rich before he attended college. He'll just go to work for, and eventually take over, his daddy's company, which is what he was destine to do, anyway. That's the biggest part of why pro football and Manziel doesn't work. The NFL is just a hobby for him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/cowboys-save-johnny-manziel-michael-irvin-article-1.2520207

The Cowboys should go after Johnny Manziel and help save him — at least, according to Dallas legend Michael Irvin.

Manziel appears to be on his way out of Cleveand, with the Browns reportedly looking to dump him next month. The team hasn't officially said its done with the quarterback, but in a statement admitted that his bad behavior "undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation" of the organization.

Irvin said there's no one in Cleveland who can help Manziel become a better man. "They're trying to save their own life," Irvin explained to TMZ Sports. "Forget about trying to save his."

But the Hall of Famer thinks Manziel could rebound in Dallas, and added that he's willing to help Johnny Football out himself.

“I love the game of football and the game of football saves lives,” Irvin said while talking to NFL Network's Rich Eisen. “If you can get a young guy, Johnny Manziel won a Heisman Trophy at 18 - 19 years old. He is still growing up. I don’t know why we think if a guy can throw a football it makes him the most mature person in the world.

“There will come a time when he will cross over that threshold and become a great football player, and I am willing to work with him on that and I hope the Cowboys do get him. I know this kid has worked hard to get where he is. Let’s give the kid another shot, he lands in a better spot and get around the right kind of people. Help him become a better football player and a better man. That’s what the game of football does.”

Irvin admitted there's "a lot of presure" that comes with playing in Dallas; added pressure might not be ideal for Manziel, who spent 10 weeks in rehab last year. Despite that, the former wide receiver does think the Cowboys owner can help.

"When you are around people that are more sympathetic and have dealt with issues like the Cowboys or like a Jerry Jones who will get in there and talk to him on a man-to-man level and help him come along as a man. [Jones] helped me become a better man, and he will take his time," Irvin said.

“When you know there is somebody pulling for you in the higher office, it does make a difference. I think it can make a difference in this kid’s life.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/cowboys-save-johnny-manziel-michael-irvin-article-1.2520207

The Cowboys should go after Johnny Manziel and help save him — at least, according to Dallas legend Michael Irvin.

Manziel appears to be on his way out of Cleveand, with the Browns reportedly looking to dump him next month. The team hasn't officially said its done with the quarterback, but in a statement admitted that his bad behavior "undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation" of the organization.

Irvin said there's no one in Cleveland who can help Manziel become a better man. "They're trying to save their own life," Irvin explained to TMZ Sports. "Forget about trying to save his."

But the Hall of Famer thinks Manziel could rebound in Dallas, and added that he's willing to help Johnny Football out himself.

“I love the game of football and the game of football saves lives,” Irvin said while talking to NFL Network's Rich Eisen. “If you can get a young guy, Johnny Manziel won a Heisman Trophy at 18 - 19 years old. He is still growing up. I don’t know why we think if a guy can throw a football it makes him the most mature person in the world.

“There will come a time when he will cross over that threshold and become a great football player, and I am willing to work with him on that and I hope the Cowboys do get him. I know this kid has worked hard to get where he is. Let’s give the kid another shot, he lands in a better spot and get around the right kind of people. Help him become a better football player and a better man. That’s what the game of football does.”

Irvin admitted there's "a lot of presure" that comes with playing in Dallas; added pressure might not be ideal for Manziel, who spent 10 weeks in rehab last year. Despite that, the former wide receiver does think the Cowboys owner can help.

"When you are around people that are more sympathetic and have dealt with issues like the Cowboys or like a Jerry Jones who will get in there and talk to him on a man-to-man level and help him come along as a man. [Jones] helped me become a better man, and he will take his time," Irvin said.

“When you know there is somebody pulling for you in the higher office, it does make a difference. I think it can make a difference in this kid’s life.”

Well Mr. Irvin, that all sounds great but the man has to WANT to straighten his situation out. If Dallas is even willing to take a chance on him, he better take heed, it just might be his last one.

“He grabbed me by my hair and threw me back into the car and got back in himself,” Crowley reportedly told police. “He hit me with his open hand on my left ear for jumping out of the car. I realized immediately that I could not hear out of that ear, and I still cannot today, two days later.”

Report: Manziel?s ex-GF says he hit her, seeks protection order | ProFootballTalk