NKFCA coaches All NKY teams

4luvofthegame

Flip that around and take away the stats that he did accumulate in those games and now make them full games against tougher opponents and perhaps he ends up in the same place.

As Clyde said, QB and imo RB are the toughest positions to place kids on all anything teams, but stats do not lie. Other positions are obviously more subjective and choices are often made on name recognition unless teams actually played one another during the season.

I also noticed after scanning this list closer that there is only one K listed. Anyone know who the second K was?

Actually, several of those games were so lopsided Fieger's stats were very low because Beechwood didn't need to throw the ball. He probably threw less than 10 passes in each of those lopsided games. So no passing stat inflation there.

Actually, several of those games were so lopsided Fieger's stats were very low because Beechwood didn't need to throw the ball. He probably threw less than 10 passes in each of those lopsided games. So no passing stat inflation there.

Fieger vs:

CCH - 17/32 207

NCC - 17/24 253 4 TDs

Ironton - 8/12 170 3 TDs

Russellville 11/16 125

Pikeville 21/32 173 2 TDs

This is why this whole NKFCA selection is a not a perfect example of who deserves to be there or not. Should it be separated by classes? QB's such as Brown and Racke lead their teams to District and Regional(Racke) titles. It appears that personal stats makes a better case than game time performance and team leadership. I'm not sure how the selection was made, but as a coach Brown and Racke were the two qb's that I would have had the bigger concern for if I had to face them. I'll just put them on my NKGPA (Northern Kentucky Gametime Performers Association) team.:thumb:

This is why this whole NKFCA selection is a not a perfect example of who deserves to be there or not. Should it be separated by classes? QB's such as Brown and Racke lead their teams to District and Regional(Racke) titles. It appears that personal stats makes a better case than game time performance and team leadership. I'm not sure how the selection was made, but as a coach Brown and Racke were the two qb's that I would have had the bigger concern for if I had to face them. I'll just put them on my NKGPA (Northern Kentucky Gametime Performers Association) team.:thumb:

Then it comes down to a participation team then. It's not perfect but it was voted on by the coaches and this is who they thought were the best players at their position.

Then it comes down to a participation team then. It's not perfect but it was voted on by the coaches and this is who they thought were the best players at their position.

I say separated by classes, because maybe a 1A player really isn't as talented as a 6A, but gets selected because he was able to put up big numbers in a lower class of play. That does not make them the better player. (I just used 1A and 6A as a range, so don't anyone take that personally). Really, how much do you think a coach in one class knows about a player in a different class unless they have to play them? I guess that's where the so called "politics" come in.

You know what the counter to that is if you're supporting the other players, correct?

Of course. I only picked Fiegler bc of his competition and his skill level. He was the real deal. I feel like he is a player who would have been around 220 plus a game against good competition. Very accurate and his schedule hurt, not help his numbers.

I say separated by classes, because maybe a 1A player really isn't as talented as a 6A, but gets selected because he was able to put up big numbers in a lower class of play. That does not make them the better player. (I just used 1A and 6A as a range, so don't anyone take that personally). Really, how much do you think a coach in one class knows about a player in a different class unless they have to play them? I guess that's where the so called "politics" come in.

Then again 1A and 2A players might play 7 of their 10 games against larger schools where a 6A player might play 5 of his 10 games against a smaller school.

Of course. I only picked Fiegler bc of his competition and his skill level. He was the real deal. I feel like he is a player who would have been around 220 plus a game against good competition. Very accurate and his schedule hurt' date=' not help his numbers.[/quote']

That's why I posted his numbers against good competition. Legit.