We all know the favorites from each class to win it all this year (Male for 6A, South Warren for 4A etc..) but what about some Sleepers? Potential teams that could make some noise in early December if they catch some opponents off-guard? I'll start off by saying John Hardin and Shelby County in class 4A, West Carter and Louisville Central in 3A are definitely some overlooked contenders to play in Bowling Green.

4a sleepers; Mercer County, Wayne County or Knox Central. Whoever comes out of that region could surprise people.

Whoever wins that region gets Johnson Central/Ashland/Scott at home after Thanksgiving. That's a big perk because I'd imagine they would be underdogs. At home might even things out.

I don't think those teams you mentioned are sleepers. JH and Shrlby are contenders. Spencer, Scott and Hopkinsville would be sleepers in 4A

If South Warren were a 5A team like they should be (enrollment over 1,100), I would agree that Shelby, JH, JC and Ashland are basically in a toss up for the 4A title. But with South warren having home field for the entire playoffs (and, in a way, the state title game) I think it would take a Herculean effort to take them down. I certainly hope Shelby can do it though!

Not Necessarily, but home field advantage in the playoffs is certainly a good thing to have.

It doesn't hurt. But good teams win, it doesn't matter where they play. Also expect good teams to bring a large fan base with them.

I've seen it over and over watching high school football throughout my lifetime. When two great teams play, its basically two great teams playing, along with a great atmosphere. Home field advantage pretty much goes out the window during those games.