November 4, 201510 yr I really hate to see Adam Edelen lose tonight...IMO best elected official in Frankfort from either party.
November 4, 201510 yr Shocked that he won as easily as it looks like he will win. Negative campaign by Conway turned off a LOT of people. I made a special trip to vote against Conway for this very reason. I'm sick of the ads with elderly people say 'he called us free loaders'
November 4, 201510 yr Plus, Conway said he grew up a UK fan but would root for both teams when UK plays Louisville. Bad decision on his part.:lol2:
November 4, 201510 yr A Northern Kentucky veteran Dem politico told me two weeks ago that Conway was running a terrible campaign. Observer said Conway was focusing his campaign almost exclusively on Louisville, Lexington and western part of state to exclusion of other areas. Where Conway failed was in not spelling out his positive vision for Kentucky to complement all the negative ads he ran. Negative ads can be effective, but one must also, at some point, give the party faithful a reason to vote for you. That's half the reason he lost. The other half is the itch many people have to thumb their nose at the guy in the White House.
November 4, 201510 yr Bevin campaigned just as negatively, IMO. I'm not saying your right, but I honestly say I did not see one negative add on tv or hear one on the radio by Bevin against Conway. I listen to ESPN radio station in Evansville at work . Without doubt every hour if not hour there is a negative add against Bevin. In the past 2 weeks another station in Evansville owned by a different company started running them. I haven't seen many on tv but have a few.
November 4, 201510 yr I made a special trip to vote against Conway for this very reason. I'm sick of the ads with elderly people say 'he called us free loaders' I think a lot of people did. I planned on voting for Conway a few months ago and told every phone poll that called (and they call me a lot) that I was a Republican but was voting for Conway. Negative ads and debates swayed me. I voted for 2 Democrats today and it would have been 3 if Conway hadn't lost my vote towards the end.
November 4, 201510 yr Oh em gee… Cannot believe that happened, and so quick! Time to start making phone calls to various family members to make sure they’re ok/surviving. LOL
November 4, 201510 yr I really hate to see Adam Edelen lose tonight...IMO best elected official in Frankfort from either party. I'm sure he's a fine one. I'm a lifelong friend of. Mike Harmon and you will find no higher person of character than Mike.
November 4, 201510 yr I'm sure he's a fine one. I'm a lifelong friend of. Mike Harmon and you will find no higher person of character than Mike. Good to hear. IMO that is a much more important job than most think. I knew nothing of Harmon, so I'll take your word for it.
November 4, 201510 yr A huge repercussion of this result is when McConnell retires. Conway would have been in perfect position to win that seat having a term as Governor, he would have been unbeatable. Now Bevin has a chance to succeed the man that beat him in the primary.
November 4, 201510 yr A Northern Kentucky veteran Dem politico told me two weeks ago that Conway was running a terrible campaign. Observer said Conway was focusing his campaign almost exclusively on Louisville, Lexington and western part of state to exclusion of other areas. Where Conway failed was in not spelling out his positive vision for Kentucky to complement all the negative ads he ran. Negative ads can be effective, but one must also, at some point, give the party faithful a reason to vote for you. That's half the reason he lost. The other half is the itch many people have to thumb their nose at the guy in the White House. Come on you know better than that. If he said I support what Kentucky has done with Healthcare, the common core is great, early childhood education is $$ well spent, right to work is bad for Kentucky's workers. In this sate it just would not fly. He had to run negative ads, it was his only chance. He stayed away from what he believed because he knew it wouldn't fly. Like it or not, and from what I have seen most on here will like it, we have gotten what most Kentuckians wanted. It is what it is in the state.
November 4, 201510 yr Serious question. Looking at the margin Grimes and Conway each won Louisville by , while by double digits. Much smaller than years past. Is the conservative trend thru out the state slowing growing in Louisville ?
November 4, 201510 yr Serious question. Looking at the margin Grimes and Conway each won Louisville by , while by double digits. Much smaller than years past. Is the conservative trend thru out the state slowing growing in Louisville ? Probably a little, but I think Conway was such a dud a lot of Democrats just stayed home.
November 4, 201510 yr Serious question. Looking at the margin Grimes and Conway each won Louisville by , while by double digits. Much smaller than years past. Is the conservative trend thru out the state slowing growing in Louisville ? Maybe somewhat, but the turnout numbers would indicate a lack of interest, rather than interest in a conservative candidate.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.