Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bevin Wins

Featured Replies

  • Replies 127
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just not feeling very positive right now. No good options.

 

Agreed, thats why I wrote myself in instead.

When Breathitt County, which is 92% registered Democratic, goes Republican in a governor's race, we've entered the Twilight Zone....another dimension. If the Democrats can't carry Breathitt in a statewide election, the party's in big trouble.

Grimes got 9,200 more votes in Louisville than Conway... yeesh.

 

Name recognition from the millions of $$'s spent in the Senate race, and the low turnout? Surprised by the margin for Bevins however. Watched KET for results and it was comical how long it took them to call Bevins a winner despite the almost 90% return and a consistent 52-44% margin showing; and local networks long putting this one to bed? Finally made the call as Conway was split screen in his concession speech--Old habits die hard I guess??

Maybe somewhat, but the turnout numbers would indicate a lack of interest, rather than interest in a conservative candidate.

 

Agree on the turnout numbers being weak in general, but question----Is this similar to what's being seen on the national stage with the intense interest in "non-politicians" in the GOP field?? Anyone but another career politician??

I watched his Victory speech last night. It was the first time that I had seen not angry or yelling at anyone.

 

It's a start.

It sounds like Democrats forgot to vote and now they're paying the price.

A few coments: Kentucky Democrats blaming every loss on Obama is getting to be old hat. Man up and take care of the problem. I imagine Patrick Hughes will soon be relieved of his duties of state Democratic chairman. How many bible/Christian references did Greg Stumbo make in his speech broadcast on KET last night? He was "out-religioning" the Republicans.

I had no idea we had so many dems on BGP, KY isn't a socialist state I'm confused?

I had no idea we had so many dems on BGP, KY isn't a socialist state I'm confused?

 

You obviously don't understand the nature of Southern Democrats, and especially Ky Democrats. There is little resemblance at all between the KDP and the national Democratic Party.

You obviously don't understand the nature of Southern Democrats' date=' and especially Ky Democrats. There is little resemblance at all between the KDP and the national Democratic Party.[/quote']

 

I've never understood the concept of the state taking care of me.

I think there are many different reasons Conway lost last night. I did not think it was going to be as much of a margin as he lost by even if he lost. I like alot of others thought it would be decided late when the Western Kentucky vote came in, but that was not the case. Its a huge statement like the above poster said about Breathitt County going Republican. The Democratic party in Kentucky had better really figure out this one because Conway was not the first bad candidate the Dems had put on the ballot in the years past that did not win easily. This is deeper than Conway just being a bad candidate. I also think Bevin was not the best candidate the Republicans had either.

If last night was any indication, social media is going to be blown up by my liberal friends if we have a Republican win the Presidential race this time next year.

I've never understood the concept of the state taking care of me.

 

Not relevant to my post.

 

Ky Democrats are essentially moderate Republicans in ideology. There's a reason the GOP has carried this state in presidential and US congressional elections for many, many terms.

Bevin campaigned just as negatively, IMO.

 

:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.