Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bevin Wins

Featured Replies

Will be more challenging for Matt Jones now.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably a little, but I think Conway was such a dud a lot of Democrats just stayed home.

 

In the last two major elections we've seen high profiled races where the margins in Louisville have shrunk.

 

I'm not saying Republicans are going to win Louisville any time soon or possibly in my lifetime. But if they manage to keep the margin where they are or any smaller it's almost impossible for a Democrat to win a statewide election.

Come on you know better than that. If he said I support what Kentucky has done with Healthcare, the common core is great, early childhood education is $$ well spent, right to work is bad for Kentucky's workers. In this sate it just would not fly.

 

He had to run negative ads, it was his only chance. He stayed away from what he believed because he knew it wouldn't fly.

 

Like it or not, and from what I have seen most on here will like it, we have gotten what most Kentuckians wanted.

 

It is what it is in the state.

One can be selectively positive. Conway was not.

 

Regardless, look at the vote differential between Grimes and Conway ... 60,000 plus last time I looked. Bevin didn't win the race as much as Conway lost it.

Bevin's biggest challenge in four years will not be a Democrat. Those days are probably over in Kentucky.

Bevin's biggest challenge in four years will not be a Democrat. Those days are probably over in Kentucky.

 

To be fair, the last time Kentucky elected a Republican governor, his worst enemy was himself... and that counts for a lot.

Grimes got 9,200 more votes in Louisville than Conway... yeesh.

Grimes got 9,200 more votes in Louisville than Conway... yeesh.

 

I feel like a mannequin with a "Not Bevin" t-shirt would have had a better showing.

I feel like a mannequin with a "Not Bevin" t-shirt would have had a better showing.

 

Have you heard/seen Conway? That's kinda what he is.

Which party stage was more diverse tonight?

One can be selectively positive. Conway was not.

 

Regardless, look at the vote differential between Grimes and Conway ... 60,000 plus last time I looked. Bevin didn't win the race as much as Conway lost it.

 

I agree with this and I'm a libertarian.

 

I feel like a mannequin with a "Not Bevin" t-shirt would have had a better showing.

 

:lol2: Most certainly.

Have you heard/seen Conway? That's kinda what he is.

 

He's way greasier than that.

Still haven't seen a person of color on the Democratic stage. Al Cross, hardly a conservative stalwart, called out the former KY Dem chairman about that.

Jack Conway reminds me of a car salesman who's not interested in selling cars, but his dad owns the dealership so he knows he has to just show up for a while and eventually he'll get to run the dealership, but then his dad realizes what a waste his kid is and sells the dealership, and then Jack Conway is just a really bad car salesman who will now go back to being a lawyer. You know, that old story.

Just not feeling very positive right now. No good options.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.