Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officer Throws Student To the Ground

Featured Replies

That video doesn't change anything for me. Well' date=' it does show quite clearly that he lifted her off the ground and threw her. Some peeps have been arguing that he did not throw her, instead saying he slid her. He did both. He picked her up and threw her and when she landed, she slid.[/quote']

 

And she punched him in the face.

  • Replies 453
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many of you yesterday were saying he should pull her out of her chair instead of flipping. I think it appears that is what he was trying to do. Then she starts swinging for his head.

 

I'm not sure I think the chair flip as excessive any longer, nor intentional. I still feel like tossing her was very excessive and unneeded.

 

Where did he toss her? And I very excessive would be an exaggeration.

 

He was putting her in a headlock with his right arm.

 

And? He's allowed to grab people to take them into custody when they don't want to go.

 

He asked nicely several times.

Where did he toss her? And I very excessive would be an exaggeration.

 

I'm mostly siding with the policing officer here. But once he had her out of the desk, did he not toss her across the floor to the front of the room?

This was a girl sitting in a desk in a classroom. With no crime being in progress and no threat of a flight risk, when should common sense have set in? Surely after the SRO flipped over the desk with the student in it and before pulling/tossing/dragging/however you choose to describe it the student across the room at a minimum, right?

 

Does anyone know what happened after the student was brought in the hall? I have no idea. Taken to the principal's office? Cuffed and taken to the station?

 

I'm mostly siding with the policing officer here. But once he had her out of the desk, did he not toss her across the floor to the front of the room?

 

I thought he dragged her.

It's just not worth it to be a police officer these days.

The girl appeared to have her legs locked under the seat to keep from being removed from it.

 

Its on her 100%.

 

Nope not at all.

 

Oh, by the way, the deputy is getting fired.

 

(Update: I just saw where you posted that too)

I thought he dragged her.

 

We are probably talking semantics but after rewatching the initial video again I think tossed is definitely a good word. He dragged her out of the desk and then tossed her. She started on the left side of him and was at the right side of him afterwards with air between her and the ground. And in my opinion, that was the excessive part.

 

Nope not at all.

 

Oh, by the way, the deputy is getting fired.

 

(Update: I just saw where you posted that too)

 

So you are ok with her punching him?

Ok. I tired putting myself in this situation as the police officer. Personally I could not see myself doing what he did UNLESS first being physically threatened by the girl. I think the guy overreacted and could have approached this differently. Even then it still could have resulted in some form of physical altercation, but at least all benefit of the doubt would have been given. As a teacher/principle I don't want to see something like that happen in my school, and as a Sherriff I don't want to see my employee do something like this unless absolutely necessary, especially to a high school female sitting in a seat in a class room. In this specific situation, I don't think what the officer did was absolutely necessary.

 

Now, with all that said, the young lady would have not found herself in this position if she had done what she was instructed to do the first time...the 2nd time...the 3rd time...etc. She was instructed to leave the class and go to the office, according to reports, multiple times BEFORE the officer came in...and, according to reports was told by the officer himself to leave and go to the office multiple times. She lit the fire and did a good job of stoking it...the officer came along and threw some gas on it. Two lessons to learn here. For the girl, don't start a fire cause you never know who might come along and throw gas on it, thus finding yourself in a very bad situation of your own making. For the officer, be very careful with "flammable liquids" cause they can unnecessarily make a bad situation worse and it could end with the fire flaring up and burning you. Which apparently is what's going to happen here.

Any legal person out there. At the point where the principal is telling you to leave does that become trespassing?

The student in question and another student were both arrested, jailed, and charged with disturbing the peace (I'm not certain if this is all of the charges). People keep talking about how things have changed in schools for the worse, but "back in my day" one of the kids probably would have been suspended or moved to alternative school and the other one might've gotten detention. Both of these students are going to be needing lawyers, going before a judge, and getting fully wrapped up in our criminal justice system. I don't think that's a very good change either.

With a closed fist? Towards the officer who is trying to arrest you?

 

Sorry officer...I didn't mean to punch you while I was resisting arrest...

 

We must be seeing different videos. :ohbrother:

 

Evidently the sheriff didn't see things the way you did with his dismissal of the SRO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.