October 27, 201510 yr SRO was called to a classroom because a student refused to leave the class as instructed. Officer told her to get up. She again refused - an obvious problem student. He then knocked her and her desk over and then threw her up the aisle where he then cuffed her. I don't know how officers are trained to proceed with people who are a)not complying while b)not being a danger to the officer. This, however, felt excessive. Just me? Video: Cop Bodyslams Girl Student Who Refuses to Leave Classroom - The Daily Beast
October 27, 201510 yr It did seem excessive. There is talk that this guy has a reputation within the school, we will see at the outcome if that may or may not be true. How many LEO's are out there in the US? I believe it is about 1 million? There will be some bad apples, just like there are in all other corners of society, some people "sneak in".
October 27, 201510 yr From what I read on MSNBC, there was nothing wrong with the girl, if there had of been I'm sure they would have made sure that was mentioned. Now here is the real problem. Defending her is a joke. Teacher asked her to leave, she wouldn't. Cop asked her to leave she wouldn't. Yes she is black and yes she knows it and used it right to her advantage of the being racially discriminated against. As a matter of fact the Black Lives Matter is already involved as is the ACLU, how convienent. Maybe if she had some respect for authority this wouldn't have happened. I dare to say not one cop wouldn't have grabbed her and arrested her when she fought back. It is all 100% her fault. She needs sent to a juvenile school and taught what respect is. She is very young to already know how to use the race card and I'm sure she learned it honest.
October 27, 201510 yr ^ First, many students are saying that the officer has a bad "history", we will see soon enough if that is true. No one is saying that the officer shouldn't have attempted to get her to leave, it's the hard and at least somewhat violent way that he did it that is the issue here. Also, she never fought back, her left arm was thrown back by the officer. Actually, she remained quite calm.
October 27, 201510 yr ^^^^^^^^^ Of course she was calm, she knew exactly what she was doing. I'm sure she was saying to herself. I don't have to obey a cop, let alone a white cop or teacher. I'm a kid and you can't do anything to me. Watch me win money in lawsuit.
October 27, 201510 yr U ^ First, many students are saying that the officer has a bad "history", we will see soon enough if that is true. No one is saying that the officer shouldn't have attempted to get her to leave, it's the hard and at least somewhat violent way that he did it that is the issue here. Also, she never fought back, her left arm was thrown back by the officer. Actually, she remained quite calm. And besides, it way past your bedtime. Randy was asleep 6 hours ago.
October 27, 201510 yr Watch me win money in lawsuit. And if she does then most will say that the officer was out of line on the harshness and that the girl didn't deserve the harshness. Again, it's not making her leave, it's the harsh way that he did it.
October 27, 201510 yr U And besides, it way past your bedtime. Randy was asleep 6 hours ago. I snuck out of the house and now I'm locked out, it's slightly cold out here too. lol
October 27, 201510 yr So how do you handle this situation? She has been asked to leave by the teacher and refuses. She has been asked to leave by the officer and refuses. What do you do?
October 27, 201510 yr Any one else notice the rest of the students in the class? They did not move. They either knew she had it coming to her, or didn't want their own smack down. 10 seconds of video (with no audio) did not tell this whole story.
October 27, 201510 yr I bet she gets up and leaves the classroom next time she's told... Dang skippy. Forgive me for saying it, but if that was my child and he did that, I'd hope that the officer acted just like that. Because if I asked him and he said no, best believe I'd have acted that way. Just sayin'.
October 27, 201510 yr No respect for authority. Teacher asked her to leave. She refused. "Resource" Officer asked her to leave. She refused. Doesn't matter what she did or didn't do, she was told to leave. She should have left and talked to the principal if she had an issue. What is the officer supposed to do? Leave her there? What message does that send? You might not like it, but he did his job. Could he have done it in a less violent manner, probably. I do think he could have manipulated her out of that chair without the slamming and throwing. Of course this will be turned in to a race issue. I would bet it wouldn't have matter if it were a white, black or hispanic student, same treatment if they refused to leave.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.