Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officer Throws Student To the Ground

Featured Replies

I hope someday that disrespect for guns doesn't come back to bite you in the rear. This isn't TV and it isn't some liberal fantasy world.

 

Oh believe me, if someone with a gun tells me to do something I'm almost certainly going to comply. There are situations and scenarios where that isn't the case.

 

If it's a LEO I'm absolutely complying though.

  • Replies 453
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh believe me, if someone with a gun tells me to do something I'm almost certainly going to comply. There are situations and scenarios where that isn't the case.

 

If it's a LEO I'm absolutely complying though.

 

Let me in on one of these scenarios where you aren't listening to the guy with a gun.

Let me in on one of these scenarios where you aren't listening to the guy with a gun.

 

Very few and far between, and unlikely to happen, but if a guy broke into your home with a gun and told you to physically harm a spouse or child, you'd do it? I wouldn't.

Very few and far between, and unlikely to happen, but if a guy broke into your home with a gun and told you to physically harm a spouse or child, you'd do it? I wouldn't.

 

I didn't know we were going all criminal minds sociopath. I'd get shot. I'd not be surprised when I got shot though.

I didn't know we were going all criminal minds sociopath. I'd get shot. I'd not be surprised when I got shot though.

 

Well, right. I'm simply saying it's not a blanket every time thing. As I said already with LEO's I'd comply every single time.

 

Anyways, back to the topic at hand.... :lol2:

  • Author

I keep seeing "if the girl only would have complied.... we'd never have had this problem."

 

That cannot be our measure. Bad people often do not comply. IT doesn't mean they can suffer excessive force.

I keep seeing "if the girl only would have complied.... we'd never have had this problem."

 

That cannot be our measure. Bad people often do not comply. IT doesn't mean they can suffer excessive force.

 

Or so we thought......

Pulling her out of the chair doesn't bother me.

 

Tossing her to the wall? No bueno.

Pulling her out of the chair doesn't bother me.

 

Tossing her to the wall? No bueno.

 

Same here.

If she was a skinny blonde girl does anyone think he would have thrown her across the room?

 

I don't.

I haven't read all the replies, but I have seen the video.......if this was anyone of my three daughters I'd have no problem with how it was handled.

 

TOTAL lack of respect for authority.

"When you make an arrest of someone who does not have a weapon, you never let go of the subject. When he threw her across the room, he let go of her. That's what violates our policy," Lott said. This is what got him fired!

It is unbelievable your defense of this officer. There is no way I can see the defense of this guy, none. Again, if he or ANYONE did this to a student under my care as a principal or administrator, they would be removed and charged to the max that I could.

 

This is a complete lack of training and understanding of what to do. You don't put your hand on kids unless you are in danger or others are. That is not the case here. If you think it is, I have no clue what you are seeing. You have described what you have seen, but I have not seen that.

 

The sheriff fired him, that is pretty telling to me if the SRO should have done that or not. I am amazed that he is being seen in another light than abusing a kid. I shouldn't be, however, because there are those that think violence is the answer.

 

With all due respect, you have no idea how LEO's are trained. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a policy & procedure written for every situation you may encounter.

If she was a skinny blonde girl does anyone think he would have thrown her across the room?

 

I don't.

 

Yep, I sure do think he would have.

With all due respect, you have no idea how LEO's are trained. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a policy & procedure written for every situation you may encounter.

 

I do know I have attended SRO training. I have not LEO and you are correct you can't cover everything in Policy and Procedures. However, this really wasn't that difficult to diffuse. You wait her out. As long as she is sitting there it doesn't matter what she says. Now if she attacks him, that would be different, but I doubt any training has an officer throw them like a rag doll.

 

Believe me, I do understand how difficult situations like this can be. I have seen them. I absolutely respect and admire law officers, but not when they do this.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.