Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officer Throws Student To the Ground

Featured Replies

So, a crime is being committed. I wonder if he had told her she was under arrest if she would have gotten up out of the chair or if it would have happened the same way and she was then resisting arrest.

 

Wouldn't the SRO have that kind of authority? If so shouldn't he have tried that approach?

  • Replies 453
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You may be right. That's been one of my points all along is that it is unacceptable for a grown man to treat a female in this manner when she isn't posing a physical threat.

Unsure why it matters if its a male or female when dealing with police? If this situation needed to happen this way, then it needed to happen this way. I am not sure it needed to be handled like this but to be honest how else do you remove a student who refused to comply and is being defiant? When a student says they will not leave then what are your options?

 

The only problem I have with this whole situation is not removing all the other students from the classroom first. The only people who should have been in the classroom would be the officer, the student in the desk, and the principal, so they can document it and work on expelling the student.

Unsure why it matters if its a male or female when dealing with police? If this situation needed to happen this way, then it needed to happen this way. I am not sure it needed to be handled like this but to be honest how else do you remove a student who refused to comply and is being defiant? When a student says they will not leave then what are your options?

 

The only problem I have with this whole situation is not removing all the other students from the classroom first. The only people who should have been in the classroom would be the officer, the student in the desk, and the principal, so they can document it and work on expelling the student.

 

Because there is no way a large majority of females are going to overpower a male. Especially a teenage female against a grown man male who can bench 600 pounds. He could have EASILY physically restrained her without tossing her across the room. Easily.

  • Author

Sheriff says he is all for citizens filming police.

Because there is no way a large majority of females are going to overpower a male. Especially a teenage female against a grown man male who can bench 600 pounds. He could have EASILY physically restrained her without tossing her across the room. Easily.

I am a teacher and deal with this crap daily, and this has nothing to do with someone being able to harm the officer, this has everything to do with compliance and disrupting the teaching environment. The other students should have been removed from the room, but if she refused to get up then she has to be removed and as I said it doesn't matter if its a male or a female, the officer and the principal should be the only ones in the room, and they should be documenting her so they can start the expulsion process.

 

Nope. Not okay with her being disrespectful, not okay with her refusing to listen, not okay with her refusing to leave, not okay with her punching him. Not okay with any of her behavior at all whatsoever in this incident.

 

Are you okay with his behavior and how handled her?

 

Yes. It's never pretty making someone do something they don't want to do.

 

When she punched him she escalated the situation.

I am a teacher and deal with this crap daily, and this has nothing to do with someone being able to harm the officer, this has everything to do with compliance and disrupting the teaching environment. The other students should have been removed from the room, but if she refused to get up then she has to be removed and as I said it doesn't matter if its a male or a female, the officer and the principal should be the only ones in the room, and they should be documenting her so they can start the expulsion process.

 

No argument there. My only beef is how she was physically abused. I have zero issues with her being expelled.

No argument there. My only beef is how she was physically abused. I have zero issues with her being expelled.

 

I don't see her being physically abused, I still want to know how you remove someone from the seat without force if they refuse to cooperate. Should she have been tazed, if he puts his hands on her softly does she then try to fight him? We don't know at that point and that is why he has to quickly remove her and cuff her. I do not think for a second he meant to slam and abuse her, but he had to get her out of the seat quickly. The only issue I have is with students being present. Anyway lunch is up I look forward to reading your response later, because for everyone saying this was excessive I want to know how you guys would have removed her from the seat without putting your hands on her.

 

I don't see her being physically abused, I still want to know how you remove someone from the seat without force if they refuse to cooperate. Should she have been tazed, if he puts his hands on her softly does she then try to fight him? We don't know at that point and that is why he has to quickly remove her and cuff her. I do not think for a second he meant to slam and abuse her, but he had to get her out of the seat quickly. The only issue I have is with students being present. Anyway lunch is up I look forward to reading your response later, because for everyone saying this was excessive I want to know how you guys would have removed her from the seat without putting your hands on her.

 

I saw no physical abuse either.

 

I saw her hit him. He never hit her.

Yes. It's never pretty making someone do something they don't want to do.

 

When she punched him she escalated the situation.

 

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I don't see her being physically abused, I still want to know how you remove someone from the seat without force if they refuse to cooperate. Should she have been tazed, if he puts his hands on her softly does she then try to fight him? We don't know at that point and that is why he has to quickly remove her and cuff her. I do not think for a second he meant to slam and abuse her, but he had to get her out of the seat quickly. The only issue I have is with students being present. Anyway lunch is up I look forward to reading your response later, because for everyone saying this was excessive I want to know how you guys would have removed her from the seat without putting your hands on her.

 

I never said he couldn't put his hands on her. He didn't have to toss her. He could have pinned her on the floor and held her down for as long as he wanted to. The tossing of her was excessive.

Evidently the Sherriff is a spineless joke afraid for his own job.

 

Easy now. We are supposed to blindly respect authority with no sass.

I never said he couldn't put his hands on her. He didn't have to toss her. He could have pinned her on the floor and held her down for as long as he wanted to. The tossing of her was excessive.

 

Agreed. There is simply no justification for the toss IMO.

Any legal person out there. At the point where the principal is telling you to leave does that become trespassing?

 

No it is defiance.

I don't have time to look. Anyone know if the sheriff is up for reelection next week?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.